Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if the dr's are right I have a good solid 12 months left of kicking before I move on in life. I have taken some nice deer in my day up to 150. I have always dreamed of taking a 200 class deer or close like we all want. With a bow. I was looking into buying a hunt I don't care pen raised or not but being a single 33yr old father of 3 kids it's no where near my budget. Went and checked my deer cams today and was REALLY disappointed No decent bucks uggggg I just want one big ole hoss with my bow before it's my time. What to do give up now and sell my stuff or wait it out? This decision is more tough than my last 3 months.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
If youre saying you are gonna die in 12 months - spend every second with your kids...no deer is owrth the time you would miss, or more importantly, they would miss with you.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
That sucks! Enjoy the season and try to share it with your kids.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
hopefully your doctors are very very wrong, in you and your families favor. from one father and hunter to another, good luck hombre.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Wow,thats pretty heavy man.Like another said,if it were me....eff hunting and spend as much time with your kids as you can.Then in a year or so when the doc tells you your going to be ok,then you can focus on hunting.

Good luck to you
Thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Good luck brother and remember Dr's are wrong every day.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would get a second opinion, and spend time as much time with my family as possible, I also would spend time in the woods to find peace best wishes.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
If it were me I'd definitely get a second opinion, and then if your family is at all interested in the outdoors, I would book a week stay for all of you at a very nice lodge. One with stuff nearby my fam could do if they didn't like hunting, and I'd be hunting bears. Make it a nice getaway for the whole family to remember after I was gone. And I would take loads of pictures.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I had to choose between the two....NO DEER EVEN A 300 INCH FREAK COULD KEEP ME FROM MISSING ONE SEC WITH MY GIRLS......Sorry to hear bout ur situation, keep your head up and cherish every moment you can, let your kids know that they are the most important thing in your life, if they remember you for being a great father and not a great hunter then so be it. Keep Fighting for Them

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear about your situation.

Don't worry about hunting man...far more important things for you to be doing!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Wow. I really hope the docs are wrong. I'd try the family vacation type thing. That's the only way I'd do it because my kids and my wife are everything to me.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hell with a deer, spend every spare minute u can with your children. Hope the docs are wrong.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I think some time on stand would be a good thing, wouldn't neglect family but few hours here and there for sure

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
If I were you I'd take my kids hunting and watch them enjoy the sport you obviously love very much. Memories with family out weigh any memories a big deer will bring you in my opinion. If you could afford it take your kids with you on an all inclusive hunt some place and enjoy yourselves. I realize you must have a lot on your mind and if you are anything like me you feel more at peace by yourself 20 ft up in a tree then anywhere else. Take some time and go to that special place that you have just for you ... but make a new special place with your kids and pass it on so when you are gone maybe they can return and have a little peace of mind themselves. I know nothing made my Dad prouder then when I followed in his foot steps and took up hunting. I also know my fondest memories with my Dad are the ones we spent together in the field deer hunting and those memories mean more to me then any trophy deer on my wall ever could. Good luck to you and your family and I hope the time you have left on this earth is all you could possibly ask it to be.

·
Registered
687 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation. i dont know what i would do becouse i am not in your situation. best of luck to you and your family prayers sent out to you and your family.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
If youre saying you are gonna die in 12 months - spend every second with your kids...no deer is owrth the time you would miss, or more importantly, they would miss with you.
Better Idea !!! Take the kids with you in a ground blind and let them watch Dad take a deer with his bow !
It will stick with them the rest of Their lives !

Praying for you man ! JOHN 3:16 !!!!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
My first thought is to spend as much time as possible with Jesus and your family, cause a hundred years from now you won't even remember that 200" buck, but if you don't have Jesus for your best friend you'll regret it forever.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My first thought is to spend as much time as possible with Jesus and your family, cause a hundred years from now you won't even remember that 200" buck, but if you don't have Jesus for your best friend you'll regret it forever.
Amen!

·
Cato
4,077 Posts
Praying for you and your family from MS.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you have 3 kids then Im am thinking one is old enough to hunt atleast with a rifle, ML, or Shotgun so Id try to teach them everything I could about the outdoors and hunting so you can pass one of the greatest things on earth and a passion of yours to your kids. This way you can spend time with them and in the woods but if they arent into it then Id forget everything to be around them and love them every second you have. Idk if you want to hear this but if you dont know Jesus as your lord and savior I urge you to get to know him and devote this time left to him and teach your kids the way God wants us to live our lifes so they can go through life with an everlasting friend and love that will comfort them in their hard times. We will be praying for you and your family from Texas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts