Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is the purpose of a hooded peep is to reduce sun glare. Why are the peeps not hooded both ways? You shoot into and away from the sun. Does anyone shoot theirs with the hood towards the riser? That makes more sense to me especially if you were wearing a cap. Thinking out loud.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
The hood can't go towards the riser...without being upside down....or the wrong angle.

Hooded peeps dont do much anyway. If you want an improvement, shrink tube a standard peep.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
if you shoot a clarifier like he said above put a piece of 3/8" heat shrink over the peep shrink It down slightly and install it in the bow. about 1/4" out each end of the peep is good.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
I shrink tube mine even when I'm not running clarifiers. Any affect to accuracy is only positive. The 1" piece of shrink tube doesn't weigh enough to make an appreciable speed difference.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,621 Posts
Here's a hooded with shrink tubing. Doesn't have to be this small. Can't find it at the moment, but have another pic of Tim G's, shrink tubing extending front and back and just smaller than Super Peep.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts