Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY OWN OR USE A HOOTER SHOOTER, how does your paper tune holes compare to the hooter shooter paper tune holes?

As for me, I get the same results through paper. On some bows, I find it important to remove the grip so the bow sits in the hooter shooter straight. My gt500 wants to twist around a little with the wood side plates on.

Just curious is others get the same results as the hooter shooter.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
take an arrow shoot it down range, 30 yards or so. then take the rest of your arrows one at a time and try and shoot them into the same hole the previous arrow made. If it didn't hit the same hole twist the nock and start over with that arrow. The hooter will put them all in the same hole and it really doesn't matter about if your bow is in tune or not. Do this with bare shafts for better results.

trying to tune your bow on the hooter and then thinking it is good to go for yourself is really counter productive if you ask me! just mho

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
take an arrow shoot it down range, 30 yards or so. then take the rest of your arrows one at a time and try and shoot them into the same hole the previous arrow made. If it didn't hit the same hole twist the nock and start over with that arrow. The hooter will put them all in the same hole and it really doesn't matter about if your bow is in tune or not. Do this with bare shafts for better results.

trying to tune your bow on the hooter and then thinking it is good to go for yourself is really counter productive if you ask me! just mho
I tuned my bow by shooting it. It shoots and groups great. I later shot it through the hooter shooter to compare the two. The hooter shooter shot the same hole through paper as I did. I was just curious if anyone else has had the same results.

The hooter shooter shoots a bow with perfection and if you can get the same results, that means you have a good no torque grip. Paper tuning varifies the tune of the bow and arrow flight. Before I go out and shoot it at 30 yards, I usually tune it first through paper.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I don't own a HS but I do have my strings and cables built by a friend that owns one and is a high level tuner and coach.I will usually tune my own setups but when he replaces my rigging,he throws it on the HS.Usually my tune is very close.He can go a step further and get the cams aligned at full draw and such.

He told me once even if I don't touch my bow and he tunes it on the machine for centershot and everything that I must take it and group tune to my grip style,BUT when I do this,I always end up back to his settings.

Most really don't understand the advantages of the HS and what they are actually good for.Even arrow tuning comes down to more than just turning nocks.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I'm the opposite. Crackers tunes my bow with my exact arrow for a bullet with the HS and I always have to move my rest toward the riser a little bit. For the record I shoot bullets at point blank, 5', 10', 20', etc. with the bow and bare shafts hit right with fletched arrows at 20 yards. At least the "torque" I apply to the bow is very very consistent.

I am honestly surprised that you are as consistent as a HS. I highly doubt that's normal.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm the opposite. Crackers tunes my bow with my exact arrow for a bullet with the HS and I always have to move my rest toward the riser a little bit. For the record I shoot bullets at point blank, 5', 10', 20', etc. with the bow and bare shafts hit right with fletched arrows at 20 yards. At least the "torque" I apply to the bow is very very consistent.

I am honestly surprised that you are as consistent as a HS. I highly doubt that's normal.
I was surprised a little as well. I always felt I had a good grip and wondered how it would compare but didn't expect to get the same hole. Anyways, it was a nice surpise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts