Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put him at 4.5yr. praying he made it through rifle season.... i think i have him nailed down in an area no one really hunts, hard to hunt it do to it being a bedding area and the direction of the wind.

IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0214.JPG

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
He's pretty. No telling where he goes when his pecker gets hard though. If the last pic you have is late November, that dude went looking for a date. If he'd have shown up on my place, I'd have shot him in the face.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont hunt the feeders.... everyone else does. I prefer hunting the flats or water, rattling and calling works well. Free range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I go back next week to let my daughter shoot some does.... hope to see him then. Give me some relief.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Love how the beams curve up to parallel his tines. Good-looking deer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope to see him next week during the youth and spike/doe season. Youth can kill whatever and i can only kill does or antlered deer with one unbranched antler. So my daughter will be able to kill possibly one i passed on a couple weeks ago or a doe or 2. Meat hunt and check the does.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hope he made it too, I’ve had 4 bucks in 6 years that we let get to be 5.5 years old. All ended up being killed by neighbors (which I am okay with) that’s the chance you take when you let them walk and try to get older. It’s disappointing when it happens but you need to remember that in a free range situation your not the only one watching that buck and hoping for a chance. Sometimes they just move on completely and change territory. We killed a 6.5 year old buck in 2014 that we had not seen prior to that year. Turns out the landowner 1/2 mile away had 5 years of trail cam pics before he disappeared in the late season of 2013 Never saw the deer again till I showed him a pic almost a year later. Anyway good luck hopefully he’s still around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts