Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well folks.....this is it...were down to the nitty gritty.....this is where the rubber hits the road.....the big man is setting up shop for the last time for arp and me....buck is staying on .....literally staying on his knee's......(i never thought hoppy was the type for affair....man love at its finest)

here it is....day one buck fired off one hour in the hunt at a 170 class monster buck.....only to watch the dreaded tail wag from the flyby......

day two.....arp let a 7 pointer go that only scored a measly 130 class.....

day two...obt was so deep into the deer that i was handcuffed.....couldnt move....deer to the left of me....bucks to the right....bye bye buckys....

today...we switched up....took the morning off and went to the local hopkins game farm.....where we put up or shut up on the sporting clays.....hoppy lead the way with 36 out of 40...arp followed up with 24 buck had 17 and im still looking for lead....13 aint so lucky after all

we are into some awesome hunting.....weather has been great other than too much heat....86 is hot.....deer havent been moving as we would like...but we are seeing 125-130 class deer like there packs of doe....we have promised not to slay anything less than a 140 class buck.....for me...im done playing around.....doe or buck....its time to harpoon .....last hunt and im on the road back home.....

ok...time to get in the stand.....see yall tomorrow....

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Sounds like a plan O B Waun!

Lay the smack down.

Maybe Hoppy will let you borrow an XT to hunt with. :wink:

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I come to expect flybys out of that bunch. :D Buck needs to change his name to Cat. :D The only reason he didn't miss the cat is that it wasn't running away, it was looking for lunch. :D Buck had to hit that or be lunch. :D :p :p

Of course, I have seen what an OBT flyby looks like. :D On a much, much larger target too. :D :p :p He connected a couple of days later though. :D

I can understand Arp and Buck getting skunked, but you had better deliver. :D Don't tell me the alumni can't deliver either. :D :D

Maybe Hoppy will feel sorry for you and let you use his special spot. :D

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I think he fell asleep in the stand when the monster bucks were feeding 30 yrds away...

9hrs just ain't what it used to be....like a rock

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
It must have been skunk season,

because I think that is what he got, skunked! :confused:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man is it something to have the ablility to pass on truck loads of 130 class deer.....

well....last evening....i had a 190 world class 20 something buck a mere 50 yards from me.......one dang tree limb seperated OBT from infamy........

awesome hunting.....i saw no less than 500 deer within 40 yards or in......several 130 class bucks......tons of doe.....and many many fine young 6&8 point bucks growing in wait......

i must say.....it was startling to find the ledgendary hopkins as a mere man....mortal at best......i found his mental game needing some definate arp and OBT training.....in just a few short days....you could see the transformation of hopkins being born again hard....so much so that he has blocked out some training time with arp and OBT in december and jan.

so word to the wise......might not be good news for the rest of the men pro's come new archery season......smart money....bet on hopkins......

·
Registered
21 Posts
The money should be on Hopkins, besides being a great host and outstanding person, he is getting born again hard.

You all know we broke KWARD down and rebuilt her better, result ......... Championship. Now we must focus our attention to the big guy. While OBT will be working on his mental game, I have put together a diet, weight training and YOGA shedule ............. yes for all you non believers YOGA. A lean mean fighting machine is what is comming out of Delaware come Feburary, I fully expect HOPKINS to look more like Rocky in number III rather than number I when we get through with him.

HE is a killer and he is on the loose. On a side note ARP had the champ down on his home coarse until he made us shoot at a 63 yard target. Dont forget ARP is a bowhunter shooter, but he was bull rushing the champ.

Ivory tooth, dont ever sell the ARPSTER short again when it comes to killing, our paths will cross again next year on our trip to Oregon and before then you will give the proper respect thats due or you will face a rath only available in the medevil days.

I must also give credit when credit is due. The new Bengal bow by Martin you all have been discussing is every bit comparable to my fully loaded Switchback and Havoctec for half the price. I was a non believer until this week when I shot bowtie's. I dont know if I am ready just yet to jump on the M4L bandwagon just yet, but it is a really quality bow for a great price. I'll probably keep shooting the two bows I got and next year if Martin is continuing down this path of quality for a fair price, you just might see ARP sporting a Martin. I'll have to work on getting the the girl in the ad to go with it, but thats the easy part, you know thats right clowns.

THERES NO WAY BELLS IS BIGGER THAN WYAMAYA BRA. IT WILL BE NEXT YEAR.

Arp out.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
FoggDogg said:
Holy crap!!!! Was that the REAL Arp? No way! :eek:

Naw, the ARP I know is a shy, quiet, reserved guy. :D This is OBT coaching him what to say. :D

I guess I got called out. :D I could use an ARP crispy. ;) Bring it on. :D :p :p :p He must have got some lessons from Hoppy if he is feeling that frisky. :D

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
Paul S. said:
Shouldn't this be in the Bowhunting section?:)

No, they had a little archery tournament while they were hunting. It is a smackdown thread with a little hunting thrown in. :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts