Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please weigh in on these and any others you think I should consider. I hunt in sweltering heat and go light, but also am cold-natured and like to take in extra clothes, including Sitka Inferno jacket and Fanatic bibs for a NE hunt this Fall. I had decided some months ago on the Sitka, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere, or at full price. (I should have purchased when I found it for ~$199.)

Any feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
The G3 is a really nice pack that serves my needs, but I'm not as cool as most of the Sitka junkies.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
The G3 is a heck of a pack. Plenty of large storage pockets. And easy access.
Bow, gun carrier and quiver carrier also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I have the G3 so it gets my vote as well. Very durable and well made pack. Plenty of room and pockets to organize your gear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Getting ready to start my 4th season with the Badlands Treestand pack. I like the way it hangs on the tree allowing good access to my small gear items. It works very well for my style of treestand hunting.

Haven't used the other two you mentioned so I cannot give you a comparison.

NC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are great responses - thank you. How is the G3 for hanging on a tree and providing access to the contents?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have a Sitka Tool Bucket and own probably more Sitka stuff than anyone on this forum except for a large retail outlet, over 100 pieces.

If you get cold, I would not recommend the Tool Box in your instance. It will possibly prove far too small. I can stuff maybe two pieces into my Tool Bucket with room for a few more items, and the Tool Box is even smaller. For the price, I would consider other pieces to be honest.

For warmer weather, and short sits, it would probably work with less bulky items. But for longer sits, or cooler weather, I myself need a larger pack. The Tool Bucket works in those instances but I don’t haul a lot of stuff on those trips to my hunting area.

Compare them by the square inches, not just a picture is what I’ve learned. Mystery Ranch has a tree-stand hunting pack, but it is about 2000 square inches, which is pretty small when you start stuffing layers in it.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
g3 is an amazing pack.....you will not regret it.I find horn hunter packs a step above badlands in every way,no idea about sitka....don't care for their brand....Grizz

·
BowhunterT100
6,537 Posts
G3 get's my vote.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Happy with my g3. Could be a little bit bigger tho for cold long sits. I roll up bibs and strap to bottom. Stuff jacket in main compartment, strap boot blankets to outside. Strap millenium to shoulder straps and side compartments are big enough for 30 oz thermos. Heavy duty pack, made to last.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Anyone else looks not at this thread, Mystery Ranch has a tree stand pack out now, too.

I just bought a Ystery Ranch “Marshall” pack, their largest, to haul my Fanatic and Inferno bibs and jackets in and out this winter as they are very bulky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts