Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone used these? what is the quality? are they durable, and do they tune well?

they look EXACTLY like montec strykers... they have the same width blades... is the quality the same?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i think i'm about to switch to these... i have a dozen or so crimson talons, and they are very good, but i have had issues with getting them out of broadhead targets, so i want to try something new.

These look like the right choice.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
the base of the ferrule may be a little oversized at the insert side for hunting arrows because they are marketed towards the crossbow crowd. bolts are either 2216, 2219 or carbon bolts (all 22/64"ish) while the OD for the ICS (Goldtip 5575/Beman ICS sized) style arrows is around 19/64". i havent seen them in person yet so i cant say for sure about the ferrule base's diameter and how they compare.

if you shoot large diameter carbon/aluminum arrows, they may be the ticket. if you have a Horton dealer that stocks these close to you, i'd look before leaping.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if the dimensions are identical to the striker BH, then it will be perfect for me. I have had the G5 before, and they are PERFECT for my arrows, but the blades aren't replaceable so i didn't keep them.

I'd love to hear from someone who's used these.

Oh, and i have a crossbow too, and i think these'll be great for that too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts