Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all the mess with Horton,Ten point crap but I have a chance to get back into bow hunting with my sons and I can buy a Horton XL arrows and all with case and scope for $300 in great condition but DANG after reading post and blogs it is confusing so being that I haven't bow hunted in 20 yrs should a man buy a Horton or not ...... Thanks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It was a decent bow in its time, but I probably wouldn't get it just for the fact that parts could be hard to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you , kinda what I thought , oldest son bought a Barnett from cablelos , string broke 10days in - got a whole new bow ....might need to stick to someone that can help !
Thanks for replying , just trying to get back in it .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I joined this forum for that kind of info , thanks again . Like I said oldest boys bow hunting now figured WTH , I will be in the woods with them ! I will look at the bow for sure ..... Thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That's why I joined this forum for that kind of info , thanks again . Like I said oldest boys bow hunting now figured WTH , I will be in the woods with them ! I will look at the bow for sure ..... Thanks
If you can wait the new bows will be out in a month at the ATA show. May be something that catches your eye.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If money is an issue I'd look at Wicked Ridge rather than buy an older Horton. I like the Ten Points with the crank attached to the stock. having this is worth the extra money in the long run. Those who have the crank on the stock won't go back.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I currently can not recommend any TenPoint crossbow due to the random nature of their trigger/safety "Preload" problem (that can occur normally on any hunt) and the way they are handling the problem - no direct contact with customers announcing the problem and offer of corrective action if a test indicates they have the problem. There is only a "Safety Warning" on their web site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts