Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice scientific writeup :)

IMO, the only thing lacking would be to show where it falls in line with other xbows.

For instance a scale from 0 - 100 the Vision rates a 90 for noise
crossbow "X" comes in at 0 with a dba of 90 and crossbow "Z" rates a 100 with a dba of 83.

That however in no way detracts from the review :)
Obviously unless ALL of the reviews were updated after each NEW review was done they would become out of date anyway. So my idea is probably not practical :D

Thanks for sharing your reviews.

edge.

PS checking your reviews the Vision makes about the same noise as the Mathews Reezen 6.5 !

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response, I am hoping I will have enough data to provide you some idea on average of how other products are performing (albeit, this does not mean that the results can be directly compared due to the variations in design).... I am testing my third product this year and will probably test 4-5, maybe 6, next year... but who knows I may decided to start testing something else

I am all ears for recommendations for these reports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes it is a great bow. I like the compactness of it no recoil and how quiet it is. I took 20" Maxiam Hunter arrows cut 1" off the vain side( you can go down to 18" no more), reflecht them with blazers, total 378 grains, speed 314fps. reCon 175 is a little bit faster but heavyier. I also do a couple things to quite it down more, sounds like a bow going off. Your report is very good keep up the knowagle of info it helps .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Horton Vision

What are you doing to quiet down the Vision? I am planning on buying one and since crossbow are not real quiet I would like to know the options. I have never owned a crossbow wo this will be my first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Horton Vision

What are you doing to quiet down the Vision? I am planning on buying one and since crossbow are not real quiet I would like to know the options. I have never owned a crossbow this will be my first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1Crossbow, I am also interested in what you have done to decrease the noise level of this already comparatively quiet bow.

Maybe add something like Bojax or other string suppression system? (Horton is doing that for their new ULE crossbow that isn't out on dealer's shelves yet)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts