Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help from the Archery Community. Im in the process of buying a new bow and Ive narrowed it down to Ten point Turbo GT. or the Horton Vortec RDX Dedd Sled .They are both the same price with great warranties. One is a reverse limb with its speed up to 340 fps. the draw weight is 135. The Turbo shoots up to 360 fps at 175 draw weight. does the draw weight still mater when the fps is close in numbers? I can't make up my mind witch one to get.... Im also up for suggestions. (under 900 dollars)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I need help from the Archery Community. Im in the process of buying a new bow and Ive narrowed it down to Ten point Turbo GT. or the Horton Vortec RDX Dedd Sled .They are both the same price with great warranties. One is a reverse limb with its speed up to 340 fps. the draw weight is 135. The Turbo shoots up to 360 fps at 175 draw weight. does the draw weight still mater when the fps is close in numbers? I can't make up my mind witch one to get.... Im also up for suggestions. (under 900 dollars)
with reverse limb power stroke is longer so takes less draw weight

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Both are designed and made by Ten Point which means quality. The Vortec, like the Storm carries on the Horton forward facing limb design which is a big deal to me compared to a traditional limb style bow like the GT.

The Vortec is about 3" narrower than the GT uncocked and almost 5" narrower cocked at only 9.1". That translates to being shootable in small places like up in tree stands or tucked away in a pop-up blind. I can tell from personal experience, it fit's inside a chair blind and the GT will not.

ISWStorm.jpg

FrontPK.jpg

Performance is a wash. The GT is 360 fps with a 370 gn arrow, the Vortec is 350 fps with a 370 gn arrow.

The Vortec has string suppressors, the GT does not.

Stock, trigger, scopes, arrow retainer, crank options are all the same so no delta there.

Shoulder the Vortec and the GT and I think you will "feel" the balance the mid mounted riser makes on the Vortec in contrast to the slightly nose heavy GT.

No knock on the fantastic xbow the GT is but I would vote Vortec for the size value and balance.

Plus it's just cooler looking!

Vortec Pkg.JPG

Enjoy!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a Horton Storm and a Turbo GT. They are both great bows. In all honesty I recommend you go shoot both the Vortec and the Turbo GT and decide for yourself which you prefer. Couldn't go wrong with either in my opinion.

·
Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,353 Posts
I have a Horton Storm and a Turbo GT. They are both great bows. In all honesty I recommend you go shoot both the Vortec and the Turbo GT and decide for yourself which you prefer. Couldn't go wrong with either in my opinion.
Good advice.

·
Registered
Matthews Z7 Extreme & Mission Charge
62 Posts
Both are designed and made by Ten Point which means quality. The Vortec, like the Storm carries on the Horton forward facing limb design which is a big deal to me compared to a traditional limb style bow like the GT.

The Vortec is about 3" narrower than the GT uncocked and almost 5" narrower cocked at only 9.1". That translates to being shootable in small places like up in tree stands or tucked away in a pop-up blind. I can tell from personal experience, it fit's inside a chair blind and the GT will not.

View attachment 6368029

View attachment 6368031

Performance is a wash. The GT is 360 fps with a 370 gn arrow, the Vortec is 350 fps with a 370 gn arrow.

The Vortec has string suppressors, the GT does not.

Stock, trigger, scopes, arrow retainer, crank options are all the same so no delta there.

Shoulder the Vortec and the GT and I think you will "feel" the balance the mid mounted riser makes on the Vortec in contrast to the slightly nose heavy GT.

No knock on the fantastic xbow the GT is but I would vote Vortec for the size value and balance.

Plus it's just cooler looking!

View attachment 6368049

Enjoy!
This guy knows his crossbows.

Good advice.
Very solid advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts