Archery Talk Forum banner

hostage pro?

507 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  LeadSled1
without saying another kind of rest is better... has anyone had experience with the hostage pro? looking for input... thanks
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
I had one. It worked very well BUT..after less than 100 shots through it the whiskers that hold the arrow up began to wear significantly. It was shooting bullet holes so it was not from exessive pressure or anything like that. It was rather noisy on the draw too. It sounding like a grinding noise when drawing back.
If they can get a quieter and more wear resistant whisker for the bottom, I would buy another one and get rid of my drop away rest. The Hostage rests are lighter and simpler and foolproof.

· Registered
698 Posts
Brush wear and tuning issues seem to be a constant theme. NAP makes one similar, but not sure if it is any better. Bottom brush wear is the primary complaint. I had a side brush wear out on mine. Not real durable. Good luck.

· Registered
6,665 Posts
My experiences:
- Had the Hostage Pro for four months now. No noticeable wear on the bristles.

- Shoot it very often, and hundreds of shots each session. Noticed some red on my wraps on the left side (indicates contact). Moved the rest to the left 1/32 inch. Still shooting bulletholes, but no more red lines on wraps.

- Shooting a stiff arrow helps. Bristle wear on a well tuned bow is probably caused by the arrow flexing during launch.

- Have not noticed any noise, seems quiet... maybe too busy focusing on the target to worry about this.

· Registered
70 Posts
I have bought extra brushes at $10 for a set of 3. I have replaced one and looks like I need to replace again as enough of the bristles have worn away to allow the arrow to fall off of the rest. No biggie tho. At the rate I'm goin through brushes (about 1 brush/100-200 shots) evens out to about 2 cents/shot. I can live with that. Some can't and I can understand that as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.