Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,
Should the side brushes be touching arrow shaft so it holds the arrow through the shot or should there be some space between them? Obviously the arrow sits on the big bottom brush..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run mine so they have light contact (just touching) Looks like the bottom one is set a little low from the photo. They wear a little over time.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
They should be closer than that. Lightly touching...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51,184 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ agree. BUT the smarter solution would be to junk the rest. It is a horrible excuse for a capture rest. Would be farther ahead using a WB rest or a drop away.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,365 Posts
Mine were never touching, so they also never wear. That way you only have to replace the bottom brush.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,365 Posts
Just wondering what is better for arrow flight and accuracy
People love to bash that Hostage rest, but I've ruined a lot of fletchings and arrows slapping them together from 60-80 yards using the Hostage. It is dead quiet.....no sound at all from the arrow or rest, on the draw or shot. It's easy to set up, and it's as accurate as any of the drop-aways I've used. There's only one problem with that rest.......the bottom brush wears. The wear time depends on the tune, the weight of the arrow, and how fast you're shooting it. With my 60lb bow I could get 4k-5k arrows through one before I'd get fletching contact and need to replace it. With my 70lb bow and 500+ grain arrows, that was down to about 1500. That's why I switched to the QAD HDX, because I shoot a lot.

So........can't speak for the accuracy if the brushes are all tight, but with a gap.......accuracy isn't an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts