Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a maxxis 35 and the bottom cam is making a buzzing noise like sonething is loose. The limb will slide back and forth (on the axle toward and away from the cam) about a 16th of an inch too. Any ideas on what could be causing this ?The bow was purchased from the classifieds .Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
How are the spacers placed on the axle. My AM35 did the same thing, there was one tan looking thick spacer between cam and limb, a black slightly thinner one between the cam and the other limb. I could squeeze the limbs together and they would move slightly.

In the end I called Hoyt and they sent me some more spacers and told me to put the skinniest one of all between the limb and one of the "e" clips on the outside of the limb. Worked like a charm.

To be honest though, my bow shot absolutely lights out prior to messing with it. It was my OCD that couldn't stand knowing it was there. :(

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peg is tight. On the bottom there is a black rubber spacer on one side but nothing on the other. Should there be?

C

·
0 Posts
Is the buzzing noise after u shoot, if thats the case then that rubber piece that use to be in your string needs another one, that stops that buzzing noise. we tried to figure out a bow that was doing that for a week we finally found out it was that. hoyts rubber piece doesn"t last a long time if u shoot alot so i advise u to get a different one that is more durable.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Make sure all your mod screws are tight. With the interchangeable mod type cams I always take the screws out, lock tite them then make sure they are tightend up.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
peg is tight. On the bottom there is a black rubber spacer on one side but nothing on the other. Should there be?
Any spacer on the outside of the limbs are there to take up excess space. There should be no more than one if any.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I don't own a Maxxis so I can't be sure. I do have an AMax35 and an AlphaBurner here at home though. Both have a thick, tan looking spacer between the limb and cam, then on the opposite side a thinner, black spacer between that side of the cam and limb. My AMax35 also has a super thin, black spacer on the outside of the limb, under the E clip. My Burner the same.

Are you sure there isn't a tan colored spacer on the string side of the cam, between it and the limb and a thinner black one on the other side?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K so all screws are tight. The top cam is fine and has a tan spacer on each side or the cam. The bottom is the one that is makeing the noise. It makes it if i just bump the bow or anything. There is a small black runner spacer on the cable side of the cam. There is no spacer on the string side of the cam and that is where the noise and the play in the limb is? Should there be a tan spacer on that side?

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
K so all screws are tight. The top cam is fine and has a tan spacer on each side or the cam. The bottom is the one that is makeing the noise. It makes it if i just bump the bow or anything. There is a small black runner spacer on the cable side of the cam. There is no spacer on the string side of the cam and that is where the noise and the play in the limb is? Should there be a tan spacer on that side?
I would think so but like I said I don't own a Maxxis, two other Hoyts but no Maxxis.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a tan spacer on both your hoyts ob the bottom cam string side?

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I don't own a Maxxis so I can't be sure. I do have an AMax35 and an AlphaBurner here at home though. Both have a thick, tan looking spacer between the limb and cam, then on the opposite side a thinner, black spacer between that side of the cam and limb. My AMax35 also has a super thin, black spacer on the outside of the limb, under the E clip. My Burner the same.

Are you sure there isn't a tan colored spacer on the string side of the cam, between it and the limb and a thinner black one on the other side?
Already answered that question, see RED portion. :shade:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bad must have missed that part. Thanks for the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts