Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Mathews, Hoyt, Parker ect. threads on what everyone takes with THEIR Bows so lets see some Dartons. I've been a dedicated Darton shooter since the mid 70s. I have over 100 assorted kills with my Dartons including Whitetail, Caribou, Black Bears, Elk, Mule deer, Wild Hogs & more to name a few. 4 last year. My season starts Oct. 1st & I hope to add to this thread.
Lets see em fellas-start with 2008/09 season.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one using Dartons? Can't believe that.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I haven't owned one is quite a few years, but I sure loved my Darton Mavericks! One of the best shooting bows I have ever owned. They are made right here in Michigan, but I couldn't even tell you anything about their new models. I have made it a personal decision not to buy any new "bows" from any company that also makes crossbows.

I suspect they are making more money off of their licensing arrangements than they are on bow sales.
Dan

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just picked up a used Darton Maverick a couple weeks ago for my first bow, I can shoot pretty darn good with it so hopefully in a few days I'll be able to report back this post with some pics!

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
I had a darton avalanche. That was a great llittle bow. Should've kept it for backup.
Great service from darton if i may add. Ted does ya right!
No pics anymore but, great grip, easy to tune and pull, plenty fast. My boss has a magnum that is a flame thrower and really really quiet.

The Tempest is a great bow to the other person on here posting.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have shot Darton bows exclusively since 1993. Just love the feel and performance! You said start with 2008-2009, so here are my pics from last year, all taken with a Darton Pro 3000:
Early season doe:

Late October Buck:

January Turkey:

Hoping to add to that this year. I was able to take a nice doe on Sept. 18th on my first visit to a stand this year, but I forgot my camera!!! So I am definitely starting off in the right direction!!! Hopefully, the Darton will strike again!!!

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
600+ 18 12/16" Black Bear 1980 Darton SL50

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quebec Caribou-Darton WH600

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whitetail-Darton SL50 1980

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OOOOppps-me & g-son with WH600 that we are using to teach his DADDY how to shoot.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another bear-19" Quebec Canada spring 1990 Darton WH600

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pic of The Caribou-hope it loads this time Darton WH600

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rocky Mountain Elk My $99 Single cam Darton from Cabelas bargain Cave about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The meanest thing I have ever encountered in 53 years of Bowhunting-wild hogs. This is my best of about 15. He was Getting ready to charge for the 7th time when my arrow went through him. Darton WH600

Okay-lets see some others.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, my 1st good Buck-1980 Darton SL50. Another note-I've been using Rocky Mountain 3 Blade Broadheads right along with the Dartons all these years.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Another exclusive Darton shooter here from northern Minnesota. I have a 2005 Tempest Extreme. I'll try to get some photos up..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts