I do a bow hunt for wolves and I'd at least try wolfstraps :nod:

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
show me the wolf:wink:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
How would you even hunt a wolf? I'd imagine "bait" would be a must?????

There is a guy the next county over from me that is a "pro" if you will. He shot a wolf in Canada with his bow last year....it was just dumb luck he said....the outfitters could not believe he was able to get drawn on it....he was on a bear hunt at the time.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I'd imagine that a Wolf would come trotting in to a Predator call much like a Coyote does! Then again I dont know much about Wolf so it's just an assumption of mine :wink:

But mannn I'm sitting here thinking how cool that would be to draw "Wolf Blood' with my X-Force!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dumb luck is going to be it. All the wolves I have seen would have been unshootable with a gun or bow. It will be like hunting Mt loins without dogs. At least they can be hunted now so we can try to keep them in check.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
How would you even hunt a wolf? I'd imagine "bait" would be a must?????

There is a guy the next county over from me that is a "pro" if you will. He shot a wolf in Canada with his bow last year....it was just dumb luck he said....the outfitters could not believe he was able to get drawn on it....he was on a bear hunt at the time.
I'm guessing bait would definitely increase your chances...might even be worthwhile using that fawn distress call that Primos (?) offers.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Wolf hunt

All you would have to do in Idaho where I have been hunting is hang close to a vocal heard bull. If he bugles for long enough, the wolves will show up. Last season I had two different groups of wolves show up when I was trying to get close to two bulls. In one situation I could have easily arrowed one of the wolves. I almost got a close picture of them.
D. Lane

·
Registered
107 Posts
wolf hunt

I'd buy a tag. Saw two a couple af seasons ago, but they were not shootable with a bow. The wolf sign has increased every year where we hunt and the elk hunting is getting a little poorer. I'm all for the hunt.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Man o man.......i hope they fill up on a lot of elk....sounds like their going to need their energy.
With all this land...whys there no room for the Wolf.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
A bit early but......

I'm in !!!!

·
NAASP
15,221 Posts
what's the problem?

Man o man.......i hope they fill up on a lot of elk....sounds like their going to need their energy.
With all this land...whys there no room for the Wolf.
As long as it's legal, why not?

Why would it be any different than going on a bison hunt?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
As long as it's legal, why not?

Why would it be any different than going on a bison hunt?
To each their own....but myself,i have no reason to kill a wolf unless it was destroying my property.To me,the wolf is kinda part of the american heritage.You don't eat them...so unless their harming you...why kill them.This is one of those things that each person has their own op on and i love to hunt as much as the next person does...but i just don't feel the need to kill every type of animal on earth....just to say i've done it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its one of my must do's

A wolf is just a big yote. I will shoot every yote I see and not eat them. I know every one has there .02 but I do not see any wrong here. Wolf are great animals (I have a big one inked on my arm) but we can still hunt them. And if they make good table fair I wood eat them. Lion is some of the beat meat there is.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Wolves

I don't think anyone here wants to kill all the wolves, but anyone who has allot of experience around elk knows that there has been a significant impact on them by the reintroduction of wolves. The elk have allot of hunting pressure and are a huge source of revenue for the western states fish and game agencies. Most of the herds can't stand a high population of wolves. The wolves numbers need to be tightly controlled or they will decimate the game populations in some areas. They kill far more animals than they need for survival. They will begin to have an impact on livestock as well. They prey indiscriminately. If the wolves are not controlled, all hunters will lose out and the government agencies will loose a large part of there income. Ultimately all game programs will suffer and all hunters will be affected.
Here in California, mountain lions are getting out of control. They have ruined the deer hunting in some areas, are killing huge numbers of livestock and pets and are even killing people. They don't need to be eradicated, but they do need to be controlled.
Don't get me started.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.