Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With hunting season coming to a close I'm already about sick of just sitting around the house. I got to thinking with all the fun of Hornet's weekly sit down match. Why not try to organize some monthly or bi-weekly live sit down matches in the VA/MD area. If people would actually show up I'm sure we could get some clubs to climb aboard.
Hinky's dojo
Stickyville
the end of the rainbow
MAC
VA Vince's club

I mean really other than LAS it's not like we have a place to all get together, and hang out during these boring azz winter months.

Just a thought......

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
With hunting season coming to a close I'm already about sick of just sitting around the house. I got to thinking with all the fun of Hornet's weekly sit down match. Why not try to organize some monthly or bi-weekly live sit down matches in the VA/MD area. If people would actually show up I'm sure we could get some clubs to climb aboard.
Hinky's dojo
Stickyville
the end of the rainbow
MAC
VA Vince's club

I mean really other than LAS it's not like we have a place to all get together, and hang out during these boring azz winter months.

Just a thought......
PHP:
how about starting out slow.... with the existing sit down match..... heheeeeee.....:whistle::whistle:

:boink::boink:

:love:--'ya man

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHP:
how about starting out slow.... with the existing sit down match..... heheeeeee.....:whistle::whistle:

:boink::boink:

:love:--'ya man

I will this week hopefully.
I just set up my indoor bow Thursday evening. So hopefully I can get down to the club before Tuesday night.

·
Trojan Matriarch....
17,156 Posts
Hinky's dojo
Stickyville
the end of the rainbow
MAC
VA Vince's club

Just a thought......
:moviecorn:

:becky:

Love the idea... but I shoot a league on Thursday night... and another one on Saturday night... so how about points for this one, or better yet.. just a box for me to stand on...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
:moviecorn:

:becky:

Love the idea... but I shoot a league on Thursday night... and another one on Saturday night... so how about points for this one, or better yet.. just a box for me to stand on...
PHP:

you transplanted..!!!???.....

is it warmer "down" there..??

:)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
...getting closer to having room to shoot some....:)

You mean we gotta shoot inside that little box???? :ROFLMAO:

Whatcha got on the ceiling???...and what about any water lines down at that end of the building???:scared:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

Hey Mac, looking good. I'm doing something similar with my linen closet. Since I don't need to use all the available room for towels and such, I thought it would make a pretty good practice/tuning lane (5 yds down the hallway).

Do you think 1/2 inch hardiboard is sturdy enough to stop the occasional errant arrow?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Hey Mac, looking good. I'm doing something similar with my linen closet. Since I don't need to use all the available room for towels and such, I thought it would make a pretty good practice/tuning lane (5 yds down the hallway).

Do you think 1/2 inch hardiboard is sturdy enough to stop the occasional errant arrow?? :confused:
sounds like a fun project. I suspect anything over 50#'s would penetrate. I opted for mega-thick cuz I can:)......plus I've shot with a bunch of Yahoos that will peg just about anything....just ask Lucky and Jarlicker:wink:

I'll have about 19 yards, 4-5 lanes wide. The lighting was a couple of 30x40 lightboxes left over from some old tradeshow. Now I'm looking for a couple of 48x48 target mats, maybe the spyder ones or layered foam or carpet, not that far yet.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You mean we gotta shoot inside that little box???? :ROFLMAO:

Whatcha got on the ceiling???...and what about any water lines down at that end of the building???:scared:

Yeah. We STILL don't have water in the bathroom at Bob's. Know anything about that??

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Yeah. We STILL don't have water in the bathroom at Bob's. Know anything about that??
AHHHHHHHhhhhhh......Bob said that line needed to be moved....I did speeded up the renovation....:grin:

Anyway most of you guys just open the back door and water the plants...TRUST ME....I KNOW!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
AHHHHHHHhhhhhh......Bob said that line needed to be moved....I did speeded up the renovation....:grin:

Anyway most of you guys just open the back door and water the plants...TRUST ME....I KNOW!!!!!:eek:

When in Rome!!!:wink:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hey Bowgod

Hinky's dojo
Stickyville
the end of the rainbow
MAC
VA Vince's club

Just a thought......
Looks your thread got a little sidetracked! In an attempt to get back on track! We are up for it! As you know, we also, are shooting 2 leagues. But we would most definately be into that! Sounds like alot of fun? lets get this back to the top, and try to stay focused!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lookin foos

I need something like that in my apt so I can shoot down my hall and not worry about killing one of my neighbors with a stray arrow:eek:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Innocent

Got Lucky wouldn't tear up the water lines like that!!!:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
After any shoot and all scoring is done call for a sitdown round. Just shoot and lowest score is out and down and go till only one left standing. We do this all time here and thats how we close out the evenings.:wink:

·
Trojan Matriarch....
17,156 Posts
PHP:

you transplanted..!!!???.....

is it warmer "down" there..??

:)
:nod:

Transplanted and here to stay... warmer yes.... still miss the snow...

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Excitment....hell I am about to stop doing the Sitdown :eek: it's not worth my time for 10-12 people.....:eek:

You guys need to get everyone off their :zip: I know everyone is shooting turn in a score or....we won't be doing it much longer.....

As for Live Sitdowns....you want to get sat.....come to Va Jan 9th...we will have a Pine Bench with your name on it.

I could get one together for a Sat at Belvoir between now and LAS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts