Archery Talk Forum banner

How accurate are you per 10 yards?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the dictum that the standard is 1 inch per tn yards to be a good shot - some better still.
What's your average per ten yards?

2"
1.75"
1.5"
1.25"
1"
1/2"
1/4"

Thanks in advance.

Pete

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that's about me too. I picked up my bow today after serious downtime (two jobs). I want to consistently nail 1" groups per ten yards or better. I am only hitting it occasionally though. Too, the moleskin on my ultra fall away rest is tattoo'd with the red from my sketching so its skewing my accuracy here too. I'm going to try a magnet on my rest to keep the damned prongs down once and for all. Having the fletching kicked on release can hardly be helpful. The rest is just better form on my part. I tend to over think shots and pull at the point of release.

I really want 1" or better.

Pete

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,480 Posts
I can hit quarters at 20 yards about 80% of the time. At 30 yards I am hitting 3 inch dots and past that its a pie plate until 50 yards then its a free for all past that.

·
Registered
909 Posts
After splitting shafts and destroying fletchings , I stopped shooting groups at 10 yards. I space them out and shoot multiple targets. Only time I shoot groups is 30+yds Where my chances of destroying arrows is less likely.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
the 5 on a five spot is a little over 3 inches and in practice I do not shoot a 300 every time. I have never shot a 300 in competition but I have only tried it a couple of times. So I would have to say about 1.75 to 2. Now that is groups shooting at the X and not just where they land.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm a hunter, but I do try to work on my accuracy on the range. I'm typically a 1" every 10yd shooter, some days worse, very rarely a little better.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I put 1/4 because I'm a member of archery talk so I'm incapable of anything but perfection.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
In all honesty, I am better than most, not as good as some. I can hold .50" and under groups out to 50 yards.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
also on a 5 spot the X is 1.5 inches so if you are shooting anything around 1 inch or less (because you only have to catch the outside edge) then you are a 300 60X shooter. Thats pretty good.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
also on a 5 spot the X is 1.5 inches so if you are shooting anything around 1 inch or less (because you only have to catch the outside edge) then you are a 300 60X shooter. Thats pretty good.
Here's a guy with a lot of common sense. Probably greater than 75% of all archers will never shoot a 300, yet claim sub 1" groups at 20. Individual groups are nice and build confidence, but being able to land those groups in the same spot on the target every time is what's more important. I always shoot 300's but not always x's. If I had to take an average, it'd be the 54-55x range. That said, I guess I'd consider myself a 2" shooter at 20.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
About 60% of the people who voted in this poll are maintaining better groups than professional archers.

1/4' per 10 yards?

So you guys are shooting 2.5" groups and 100 yards?

Child please.......

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
I voted at .75 as a good average. Some days are way better than that thou. I can comfortable do a 7.5" group at 100 yards and usually will be better than that

1 - 20 of 97 Posts