Archery Talk Forum banner

How accurate are you per 10 yards?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Guys he is not asking what your group size at 10yds is, he is asking what is your group size per 10yds, if you put 1" that means 4" at 40yds, people I can shoot, and I cannot shoot 4" groups at 40yds every single time, those saying they can do that or better I dare you to post your score of a 5 spot game at 40yds.
The OP said AVERAGE, not every single time. That means you may shoot 5" at 40 yds one time and 3" the next time. You average 4" at 40 yds.

just remember there is a huge difference in shooting at a lane for fun with your friends, relaxed, no real pressure, and on the line for a score to win.

i know some folks who can shoot fantastic when we are practising, but add just a little pressure in a competitive setting and their scores go out the window.

as in.. sometimes we shoot for a snickers or whatever.. something thats a token prize, even though one of them can outshoot me when we goof around, he cracks under pressure every time..his groups go from 3 arrows touching at 20 yards.. to a 3 inch group.. every time.

I only have a flo green foam square on my target. Its 1/4" x 1/4". I shoot at it from 12 yards. I can hit it 7 or 8 times out of 10 and I never miss it by more than 1". Is that good? Ive only shot a bit at 30 40 and 50 (when i go to my friends who has room) and on the odd go at 50 yards i can keep them in a 4" - 5" group. With practice I could shrink that maybe but i don't get much chance as he's 50 miles away (a loooong distance to us english villagers) This is after 2 years of owning a bow and having had a few days coaching - shall i head to vegas yet? lol

I'm only shooting 1-2" at 10, 2.5-3" at 20 and 3" at 25 on good average days but have only been shooting a few months (got my first bow in November) and haven't fine sighted it out to 30 yet.

As long as I'm shooting minute-of-deer, I don't worry too much.

3" dots at 25-30yds.....all inside 2" or so....but I hit the 1" per 10yds. button. 40yds. is my self imposed limit. Not much use for anything over 30-35 in the woods ;)

I usually shoot between 1-2" every 10 yards. I don't shoot much more that 40 yds though. Some days I'm worse but 1.5" per 10 yards on average. Lots of room for improvement. I usually don't shoot hardly at all in the summer. Mainly shoot winter indoor leagues. That will change this year. I'm going to make sure at the least I shoot once every week this year. Hopefully more schedule permitting.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.