Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys havent seen a thread on how well every ones shooting...so how are ya guys doing with your huntin rig...i know im ready too kill =]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Have been shooting great then I fancied up some arrows with wraps and now they are shooting left by about 1 1/2". Guess I will shoot some this weekend and move sight to match impact point. I just never know when to leave well enough alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you will get it all dialed in!!!!! im ready i know that =] season starts soon! pumped!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
I am ready! I shot my first robinhood about twenty minutes ago,30 yard shot.A third arrow had its nock broken.Good thing I was shooting my old arrows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
I am dialed in..

two bows holding tight at 50. I hope to get the deer in closer, but they are shooting good anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Shooting great becaus eI quit worrying about all the tournament trail stuff and am now just shooting for the love of shooting. Completely digging how quiet my Alpine is rigged up for hunting.

Alpine Ventura
61lbs 422 grain arrow 281 FPS and dead silent.
I can't wait to lay something flat this weekend:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
im shooting real good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
I was put all my arrows with 100 gr montec in a 3 inch spot at 50 yards. Now that hunting season started I go out and shoot a broadhead at 20, 30 and 40 yards and put them in the spot cold than go out hunting. If I'm hunting in the mornings before I get out of the stand I range some thing in at 30 to 40 yards and take one shot and 98 % of the time I will hit the other 2 % are a just a close missed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
Consistently in the vitals out to 30 yards. Want to start 40 yard practice, even if I don't get confident at that range, the practice will tighten my closer groups. Shot a 181/250 (20 targets plus a 10 point bonus at the steel deer) at a 3d shoot recently, 40 points better than I was last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
Meat in the freezer boys and girls...

I already have little white packages in the freezer. I smoked a doe on the WI opener. I have been shooting very well and the A/M 35 is performing great. Good luck to all this year...stay SAFE!!!! God bless:darkbeer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Indiana's opener starts in 7 days and me and my Captain have really bonded and shooting great!:wink: This is a 40 yd. group, that dot is the size of a nickel!:tongue:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,442 Posts
I was shooting groups at 55 yards last night. I had a major meltdown last week and had to gain my confidence back.. Mission accomplished. Lights out from 40 in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Good to go!

Will be hunting a thick hollow next weekend....maximum range 20 yards.

Have fixed blade Muzzy broadheads dialed in at 10 yards - green pin, 15 - 20 yards red pin. My third pin is set for 35 yards. If I have to make a long shot....at a wounded deer or if I decide to hunt from my back-up spot....I will use Grim Reapers instead.

I have not practiced with the Muzzys beyond 20 yards. Even though at close ranges they hit exactly the same as my field points, without shooting them farther I don't have enough confidence to use them in the field.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,892 Posts
Good enough to have killed a doe this past Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,584 Posts
Shooting better now than I ever have.
3" groups of 6 @ 60 yards. And could be better , but I almost always have the '1' magic pisspoor sequence and release that pushes one right 1" or so.


OCTOBER 3 rd somethin is gonna get CUT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,289 Posts
I've got my new TurboHawk shooting FANTASTIC!!!! I shot several 3" groups at 60 the other night with a mix of Sicktricks and FP's. I am ready to rock and roll!:darkbeer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Still working on the 40 yrd shots,not that I usually shoot that far from my setups but just incase:)real strong at 30 and in
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top