Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adjusted my spot Hogg wise guy release and went to draw my bow. Well apparently I didn’t didn’t the tighten the release enough and it all of a sudden maxed out the adjustment during mid draw.

Some how The trigger also got punched, arrow flew 10 yards, punched myself in the mouth and dropped the bow on the one piece of concrete in the backyard. Limb took brunt of impact, nothing else damaged as far as I can tell.

When to drew the bow back again,a snap and crackle happened and a large sliver arced up as see in these picture. I let down without shooting.

Limb is toast correct?

Anyone have limbs for a 2013 Hoyt spyder turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I have shot a few Hoyt’s after splintering a limb and never had an issue with any of them. BUT, none were ever quite that bad, I would replace them. In the future carry a string loop in your quiver and always test any release adjustment on that. Hope you get squared away and have a good season...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Crap! If I lived closer I'd ship you a spare bow to use. Hopefully you can get it fixed asap! (Or a fellow AT member can help you out)

·
Registered
149 Posts
clip it off, sand the sharp edges smooth and shoot it. a lot of the older Hoyts had square edges on the limbs and that happened often.. just keep an eye on it. a lot of people will disagree with me, it will be okay . up to you.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Sorry man. I hate to see anyone’s equipment get tore up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If this bow was bought through a Hoyt dealer I would go in and ask them to check with Hoyt about warranty. Believe it or not Hoyt is has been known to take care of customers under similar circumstances. If this is a 2nd hand purchase then you're looking at about 200$ for replacement limbs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you need a bow I have a well tuned Elite Synergy 65# bow shooting slick trick viper tricks and Magnus Buzzcuts very well. PM me and I will ship it over until after season. I live in Montana just in case you are close to me. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Do you know what deflection numbers they are? I don't have a full set but I've got a couple good 112 deflection limbs from a 2014 carbon spyder turbo that should work if yours are 112 also.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow you guys are awesome! The feedback I’ve gotten in regards to helping me get a bow together is unreal! This is why I enjoy AT!!

With all the scouting and 4 hour drives each way and miles and miles of hiking to check trail cameras I was a little concerned about what I’d do with an essentially useless bow at this moment (great bow but a little broken at this moment)

I may PM you about that synergy, it’s an awful generous offer that would be well received! Montana is fairly close to where I’m at

And in regards to the deflection, not sure on the deflection... is a 2013 spyder turbo (34” ata not 33” ata) with 65lb max limbs number 3 cam. Maxes at 66lbs to be specific

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sorry,just looked and only found,70# camo from my carbon element. Don't know if the would work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
I have some 70# limbs from 2014 faktor 30 or 34. I don't remember the exact model. They have some scratches but not splinters. It looks like they are the same as 2013 models

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Adjusted my spot Hogg wise guy release and went to draw my bow. Well apparently I didn’t didn’t the tighten the release enough and it all of a sudden maxed out the adjustment during mid draw.

Some how The trigger also got punched, arrow flew 10 yards, punched myself in the mouth and dropped the bow on the one piece of concrete in the backyard. Limb took brunt of impact, nothing else damaged as far as I can tell.

When to drew the bow back again,a snap and crackle happened and a large sliver arced up as see in these picture. I let down without shooting.

Limb is toast correct?

Anyone have limbs for a 2013 Hoyt spyder turbo?

You can shoot that if you want. I wouldn't till you fix it, but you could. Hoyt's limbs are so over built and tough it's ridiculous.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
I had that exact same bow, they are awesome.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Wow you guys are awesome! The feedback I’ve gotten in regards to helping me get a bow together is unreal! This is why I enjoy AT!!

With all the scouting and 4 hour drives each way and miles and miles of hiking to check trail cameras I was a little concerned about what I’d do with an essentially useless bow at this moment (great bow but a little broken at this moment)

I may PM you about that synergy, it’s an awful generous offer that would be well received! Montana is fairly close to where I’m at

And in regards to the deflection, not sure on the deflection... is a 2013 spyder turbo (34” ata not 33” ata) with 65lb max limbs number 3 cam. Maxes at 66lbs to be specific

Look at the limb tips inside the front of the pocket, all you need to see is the last 2 digits. You will be fine if your okay going up to a 70#

·
Arrow Slinger
456 Posts
Common issue , clip it with fingernail clippers. lightly sand it so its smooth and use super glue, then use a black magic marker to blend the color. had this happen to a few I was worried fixed it and have been shooting it ever since prob 4000 shots thru it with zero issues. there are youtube videos about the fix.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts