Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a trufire sear and i'm enjoying the transition to a hinge release. the SEAR seems a little tight when I wear gloves and I want to wear gloves in practice for hunting season, so heres the question is the HBC in medium about the same finger size as the SEAR, if so i'm thinking I should get a HBC in large. I live out in the sticks so trying one is probably buying one. another part of me wants to shoot w/o gloves @ times too will I still be able to shoot a large and have it a little lose??????? thanks for the help, i' m new to the hinge release

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I can't compere the Sear size to the HBC size, but the TruBall fits well when compared to other makes and models. My Carter and HBX feel very close in size. If you normally shoot a medium I would go to a large for wearing gloves (which I wouldn't recommend). And yes, it is relatively easy to shoot a larger release without gloves. You just need to remember to keep the fingers in the right place as the bigger release will make you want to grip it more (curl your fingers).

Ina perfect world, you would have two releases, one medium for bare handed and one large for wearing gloves. Most people just keep their shooting hand warm in a pocket though.

·
Socket Man
24,251 Posts
I hunt with a hinge and have done it for years now and you do not want to be doing it with a glove even if it is a very thin one, the medium hbc is the one to get unless you have really really big hands. I know guys 6 foot 2 inches using them down to 5 foot 8 and everyone likes the medium better.

The trick is to get the body warmers, don't get the hand warmers they are to small. Just get the body size ones and put one in your jacket and put your hinge in there with it and your hinge will be nice and toasty with your hand and this gives you plenty of time once a deer shows up to get out and hooked up and make a good shot.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Pagett and Rat. I just came in from shooting 2 sets of 25 arrows each. @ this point I guess I really cant see getting another release then. the SEAR is working all right for me. it is much easier to shoot it w/o gloves anyway. like I said i'm new to the hinge but it has been and enjoyable transition. I've shot about 350 arrows since I got it. I like the click part. I rotate my hand until it clicks and then I start w/ back tension. I sure cant wait to get out and try and hit something tho. I've been shooting @ 5-6 ft. weather is crap today tho so inside shooting is OK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts