Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read all the reviews and purchased a Kings BH target yesterday. I am thoroughly disappointed. At 40yrds the BH's are going all the way through the target ... then you get to happily :confused: remove the BH to pull the arrow back through. I though that was the idea of the progressive layers. The back layer (blue) is to stop the BH from going all the way through the target.

Did I get a misfit by happenstance or do they all do this. At the moment ... I am a tad upset.

How can I contact them and see if I just have a lemon?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
they are made by american whitetail targets. I think you got a bad one because I have had my for about 3 months and could not be happier. I shoot broadheads into it about 3 or 4 times a week. The front low density layer is looking a little rough on mine but it is still stopping arrows just fine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here is their website. It has a number at the bottom of the page. I think you may have gotten a bum one or it was painted backwards. Have you tried shooting from the other direction?

Here is a vid from AWT themselves.
Here is a vid about the target and Slick Tricks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BullDogto,

Just got off the phone with American Whitetail Targets ... very friendly, very customer oriented ...

But ... I was informed that the target I have will not stop BH ... from penetrating the last layer ...

So they are sending me a new target ... I just pay shipping. More than fair!

So ... if you buy a King ... get a 20x20x18 ... Not a 20x20x10.5

I did find it interesting that He told me they actually make the BH targets for Sportsmans' Warehouse ...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys ... for the contact info ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess there is just not enough of it ...
Yeah, I see in your reply after that that you got the smaller target. I got the big one, and I didn't know they made a smaller one.

Glad to hear they took care of you, tho! Makes me feel better.

If you notice on the long vid, the guy says they make targets for other outfits, just look for the MDL sticker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts