Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have resources here. I do not have a bag or any form of target here, but I'm depressed and really wanna shoot my bow. Inside is my only option. I will be shooting 10-15 yards. I have gerneral household items, magizines, etc. I know this is a bad idea, but I'm gonna do it, and do it safely. I know some of you people have done it before though :)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
my dad shoots in his house all the time. he can get about 18 yards if he shoots down his hallway and to the other side of the living room.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill be shooting from the kitchen, through the dining room, and into the bedroom. What can I use as a good backstop?

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
my dad shoots in his house all the time. he can get about 18 yards if he shoots down his hallway and to the other side of the living room.
you know you are a ******* if.... jk i had to.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I measured it, I will be shooting 10 yards. Bow only shoots about 260 fps, and ill be using field tips obviously.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A large, old bed mattress from a thrift shop with a big block target in front.

-7-

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean for now though, and without leaving home. I need to shoot tonight.

·
<---(.)(.)---<<<
2,311 Posts
A stack of magazines with a ratchet strap.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Can't wait to see this on the news. I'll be able to say: Hey I know who that is!!! ...or was...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Id rather not ruin anything of value if possible. My soon-to-be wife will literally kill me. We get married in a week, I dont need that drama right now.... Anything cheaper?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Pillow case stuffed with old clothes. Cut off any zippers or buttons first.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Id rather not ruin anything of value if possible. My soon-to-be wife will literally kill me. We get married in a week, I dont need that drama right now.... Anything cheaper?
Trust me shooting the valuables you have now, getting her mad & her leaving will be the way cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Layer the magazines and shoot away.

Also - this would be a very very bad idea if there is something behind the wall (like another apartment) where you shoot the arrows.

Nothing will ruin your upcoming wedding day faster than a manslaughter charge.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Layer the magazines and shoot away.

Also - this would be a very very bad idea if there is something behind the wall (like another apartment) where you shoot the arrows.

Nothing will ruin your upcoming wedding day faster than a manslaughter charge.
Were in the clear there! No other apartments!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
For a backstop if you miss your target, hang a couple quilts or heavy blankets with a foot or more between them, and let the bottoms hang loose. If you miss the first loose blanket will slow the arrow a lot and turn it from flying straight, the second should stop or capture it as the arrow won't be hitting it straight on like a dart, but rather traveling a little sideways.

A bunch of folks are curious... what's the urgency? Just nuts from not having shot in awhile? :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts