Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can this be? I am sighted in with 100gr broadheads but today i was going through some old gear of mine and found some 165gr simmons landsharks and decided to shoot one to see how it would fly. I must say it flew very well out of my set up. The thing that has me stumped is there is a 65 gr diffrence between what im currently shooting and the landsharks yet my 10,20 and 30 yard pins are dead on with the 165 grain heads as well? How can that be I would think that much extra weight would bring the point of impact down atleast a few inches if not more.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There are much more technically capable people on this site than me, but my math says the following:

65 grains = 0.00928571429 pounds or 0.148571429 ounces.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that's not a lot of weight to drag down the arrow over 30 yards (depending on the speed of the arrow and it's total weight).

Regards,

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
215 Posts
On what arrow shaft?

What arrow shaft are you shooting them on Bama, buddy?

How does the FOC come out with the hog heads on?

I have the same thing with arrows stiffer than what most shoot.......and that's why I shoot them. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im shot them on my easton epic 340s.

Haven't taken a look at the FOC yet but seems to be ok. I shot them on my shafts i shoot my expandables on which have very little helical on them. Flew great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts