Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
177 5/8"
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of getting my Switchback up to specs. My first question is, what part of the string do you measure brace height to? Is it from center of Berger hole to the front of string (nearest to the Berger), center of string, or back of string (furthest from Berger)? On my bow this will make roughly a 1/8" difference. Should I mess with it if it's within 1/8" on the A-A and brace height? How much does being 1/8" out of spec effect performance and shooting characteristics?

Just a few tuning questions related to precision. I realize that having everything perfect is ideal, but how close does it really need to be? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :smile:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Measure BH to the string. The A-t-A measurement is more critical on the Switchback than the BH...get the A-t-A right at 33" (on the string side of the bow) a 1/8" can make a big difference in the performance of the bow. For every 1/16th of an inch out twist the cable 2 full turns and also twist each end of the string 2 turns. When you have A-t-A correct then set the cam orientation. If the cam is pointing towards the string put twists in the string on both ends until the cam is level with the string. (use the two 3/32" holes on the cam as your reference) If the cam is pointing towards the riser take twists out of both ends of the string.

·
177 5/8"
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wishawk said:
Measure BH to the string.
I realize that the measurement is taken to the string. There are two ways you can do it; 1) To the front of the string (which would be a smaller measurement) and 2) to the back of the string (which would be a larger measurement). The reason I ask is because it makes about an 1/8" difference. Since an 1/8" is apparently quite significant, I want to set it with the correct measurement, lest the BH be 1/8" out of spec.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I measure to the front of the string. But like I mentioned before the A-t-A is much more important measurement than the BH.

BTW....only 37 days days to go until bowseason!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts