Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you have to remove it for travel, or any other reason, That it will lock back in place and be right on.
I have an older Naildriver,and have never been comfortable taking it on and off always worried about keeping the same settings. even though I never gave it a chance. I do not know if it would have locked back in or not.The First TOX 3000 and 3500 that I had would not. so I never tried with the Naildriver. I never extended it so I wouldnt have to.
I am getting a new CJ, EVO 2, 3-D. Anybody know if this sight will be back dead on if taken on and off?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I don't know about the CJ, but my SureLoc is definitely dead on when removed and replaced, and not just the extension, but the 3rd axis block as well. No need to worry about the 3rd axis block on the CJ, though, as it is not removable. I see others using them and not adjusting anything after putting them back on.

·
Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Unless the sight has defectively loose tolerances and/or you plan on shooting for money at 90m there is no cause for concern.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
I shoot the Sure-Locs and have no concerns removing my sight bar and the block assembly. Everything goes right back where I put it, no affect on my sight settings. From what I've seen of the CJ's, you can be just as confident that your CJ will do the same.

>>----->

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The CJ's 3rd axis can be removed! It's a simple turn of an allen screw and it comes right out and when but back in place, it is in the exact same spot from which it came!

When I remove mine from the bow, it goes back in the exact same spot!!

I know the Sure-locs are great sights as well and fortunately for all us target archers, we have great equipment to choose from!!

The thing I really like about the CJ is the curved elevation bar! Keeps the scope housing square to the shooters eye at all times! Very nice feature!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
The CJ's 3rd axis can be removed! It's a simple turn of an allen screw and it comes right out and when but back in place, it is in the exact same spot from which it came!

When I remove mine from the bow, it goes back in the exact same spot!!

I know the Sure-locs are great sights as well and fortunately for all us target archers, we have great equipment to choose from!!

The thing I really like about the CJ is the curved elevation bar! Keeps the scope housing square to the shooters eye at all times! Very nice feature!
I didn't think the scope and axis block were removable. Well, I guess anything is with tools.:D I've never seen a CJ owner remove the scope from the sight and that seems to make putting a sight in a case kinda' rough.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
My Sword Titan is very precise and dead on when I put it on the bow!

·
Registered
34,250 Posts
Never had a problem with the CJs I have used over the past 5 years or so...or the other sights for that matter:D

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I've had the same worries as you, but when traveling, especially on an airplane, my fears of damage to the sight outweighed the fear of it getting back in the same place. I've never had any problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.