Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Beman MFX shafts for my recurve. Never used shafts with the HIT inserts. It's my understanding that the broadheads tighten up against the carbon shaft not the insert. How easy is it to destroy the shaft? They don't make BARS small enough for my shafts which are the 600 MFX Classics.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Easton makes all size bars, but you can also use a bulldog collar, or just a very small washer. I have used the axis, (same size) with no problems. Just remember that the carbon shaft has to be cut by a high speed saw. Also use the stone that comes with the shafts, after cutting. BTW some of the bh have a washer already.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I could be confused. Happens all the time. But according to Beman's site the smallest BAR they make is #4 for the the MFX 500's. No mention of a BAR for the 600's. Like I said this is my first go around with HIT shafts. What are bulldog collars and where do I find them? The b.heads I'll be using are either Muzzy 3 blades, Innerloc Carbon Tuner 3 blades (identical to the Muzzys in blade retention) or I might spring for a COC head if this makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I shoot the MFX arrows and trust me they are very strong.

I have never had one break on me that wasn't my fault. (shooting the nock)

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I shoot the MFX arrows and trust me they are very strong.

I have never had one break on me that wasn't my fault. (shooting the nock)
Same here, I shoot the 340 MFX shafts and I've never had one break from just shooting it into a target or a deer. Not to say I've never busted one because I have but the things I've broke them on would have broke any arrow made. I hunt with Grim Reaper mechanicals and I dont use the BAR's on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts