9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump
Just getting to the top
There's got to be folk's who have one of the Realm's in their future

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
The extra ata length was my deciding factor. 33" is my sweet spot. The little xtra speed solidified my decision
Yep. I never shot the realm. A guy at the pro shop was shooting his realm. Nice bow, was quiet. The ata drove me away. The X has the same specs as my centergy, which I shoot really well! Plus the draw was waaaay smoooother than the centergy.
Gonna be a long 5 weeks!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Ata length and bh decided for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
X went to my draw length :) lol I didn't get a choice

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The ata and balance made the X an easy choice for me. The Realm is fairly neutral bare, while the X likes to rock back into the hand ever slightly similar to but not as exxagerated as the Invasion. I love that feature, because once you hang a sight off the front, bows like that balance out nicely and don't need a lot of stabilizer. The X may be the best holding shop bow I've ever shot. Pin float was very minimal, and I can see this bow working well for spots.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am struggling between the two! I shot the original Halon 7 well which was a 30" ATA bow, but I have a 30" draw length so string angle is an issue for me. I do the majority of my hunting out of a tree stand so having a shorter bow is a good feature. The reign 7 seemed fine out of a treestand and its not much of a jump to the realm x. I would be buying a realm series bow for the grip first and foremost as I think a lot of the success of the halon was having a flatback grip.

I am just unsure if I will gain more accuracy/forgiveness from an additonal 5/8" brace height or an additional 2.5" ATA. Speed is not an issue to me.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
It's easy for me. The X has a longer A to A that I like with a little more speed.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,342 Posts
The ata and balance made the X an easy choice for me. The Realm is fairly neutral bare, while the X likes to rock back into the hand ever slightly similar to but not as exxagerated as the Invasion. I love that feature, because once you hang a sight off the front, bows like that balance out nicely and don't need a lot of stabilizer. The X may be the best holding shop bow I've ever shot. Pin float was very minimal, and I can see this bow working well for spots.
Specs for me - love the 33" ATA and 6.5" BH combo - holds better and gives better speed. I did shoot them both and SOLO's comments above pretty much sum up my conclusions after shooting both them them as well. There was absolutely something special about the RealmX IMO.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,342 Posts
I am struggling between the two! I shot the original Halon 7 well which was a 30" ATA bow, but I have a 30" draw length so string angle is an issue for me. I do the majority of my hunting out of a tree stand so having a shorter bow is a good feature. The reign 7 seemed fine out of a treestand and its not much of a jump to the realm x. I would be buying a realm series bow for the grip first and foremost as I think a lot of the success of the halon was having a flatback grip.

I am just unsure if I will gain more accuracy/forgiveness from an additonal 5/8" brace height or an additional 2.5" ATA. Speed is not an issue to me.
33" ATA will not be a problem in a treestand. Cracks my up when younger folks express concern about bows that short. My first compound was a 41" ATA bow and there was zero issue hunting out of a treestand. I also killed a handful of deer with a 60" longbow from a treestand (granted you do get into some shot scenarios that are limited with a bow that long). A 34" ATA bow or less is PLENTY short for any treestand or ground blind application you'll ever encounter.

There has been some testing done on the subject of your last question and I agree with it. The results are that ATA is more important than BH on overall accuracy. IMO the Realm X would win that contest over the Realm with 90% of archers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
33" ATA will not be a problem in a treestand. Cracks my up when younger folks express concern about bows that short. My first compound was a 41" ATA bow and there was zero issue hunting out of a treestand. I also killed a handful of deer with a 60" longbow from a treestand (granted you do get into some shot scenarios that are limited with a bow that long). A 34" ATA bow or less is PLENTY short for any treestand or ground blind application you'll ever encounter.

There has been some testing done on the subject of your last question and I agree with it. The results are that ATA is more important than BH on overall accuracy. IMO the Realm X would win that contest over the Realm with 90% of archers.

I hunt from climbing treestands. Having that bar in front of you is nice for security but can get in the way when shooting. The reality here though is that were are talking about 5/8" from the reign 7 which was definitely a workable platform even from my climber. After handling the bow today I am not at all concerned about owning one.

I went and shot the triax, realm, and realm x today. The realm X was the clear winner based on getting a proper anchor. The realm, however, at 70lbs in performance was an absolute dream to shoot and not what I expected at all. Whisper quiet and easy to draw. The triax was dead in the hand but obviously way too short. Will definitely choose the realm X.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just ordered a RealmX yesterday. Deciding factor for me was the fact that I have a 31" draw and wanted a flatter string angle that the 33 ata gives me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Archery Talk forum

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Like predator said, don't let the 33" ata away you away from the X. I'm not the biggest turd around, 5'7", 28" dl. I've killed 3 deer out of treestands this year with my 33" centergy. And also blind hunt spring turkeys.
No problems at all, to me if feels and maneuvers like no other. Bowtech will sell twice the x's then the regular realms, imo.
4 weeks and counting. Should have my X by end of Jan.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
It's kind of interesting that the people buying Bowtechs, given the choice are opting for the longer axle to axle Realm X versus
the shorter model Realm and all of the Mathews shooters are going wild over the short Triax over the longer Halon 32.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts