Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound odd, but I don't have a hoyt dealer nearby, I know that they are known for their durability and dependability, but what is their draw like compared to a single cam bow (my current bow) or a dual/hybrid cam bow (Strother & Elite). How smooth are they, what are the walls like, how is the transition to the valley? I am mostly talking about the maxxis, the alphamax, and the turbohawk. Also how do they perform after the shot? Much vibration? When I am ready to buy a new bow, It will probably come from AT, because I don't have an archery dealer nearby. I am considering buying a bow from Elite, Strother, or Hoyt. How do they compare compared to these other bow brands? I have shot a few bows from Elite (Judge & GT500) but none from Strother either. I will have to say I am impressed with the way the elites performed.....

P.S. I am pretty much set on these bow brands...So I would rather not like comments about how other brands are better......

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments, keep um comin'!

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
The Hoyt's of recent are very nice bows and i would gladely take a AM, Maxxis or CM, but i still prefer the Elites. Not only are you getting a great bow with speed and no compromisses, but your getting the BEST warranty and CS in the industry. You'll be hard pressed to find a bow that will draw, hold and look and feel better than a Elite.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
i am currently shooting a Hoyt Vantage pro for 3d holds rock solid and draw is smooth with the cam 1/2 plus. i also own and elite XXL and it to has it place and that place for me is not the target range!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The maxxis pulls really smooth but also really stiff i was shooting it and a Z7 together the other day without knowing what weight they were i thought i was pulling about 63 or 64lbs with both bows checked them afterward the Z7 was 68lbs and the Maxxis was 58lbs I was really surprised take that for what ever you want.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was expecting more answers....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hoyts

Well I love the Alphamax bows 32 or 35 the Maxis is nice as well not much different between the two bows because the both have the Xtr cams.As far as the cams go I think that the Z3 cams that hoyt still carries is the best cam on a bow like that smooth to draw.I don't know about any other bows because I haven't shot the ones you have listed.After the shot on the hoyts the lil to no vib and most of the time your stabilizer will take care of that.And the turbo hawks don't know much about them either.I like my hoyts and custorm service is great with hoyt

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Between the maxxis and the am i prefer the am....the am35 draws similar to the gt500 but has more transition into the valley imo. I prefer the elites over the hoyts but that is just personal prefference. In todays market I cant imagine someone being disapointed in a bow except for taste...Performance in all the bows u have listed will be top notch as well as craftmanship and durability. On that note Im a huge mathews fan amongtst all of the other companies mainly because my local dealer is awsome and I enjoy hanging out there and support the cause BUT if I were going with a used bow from the classifieds Id stick with Elite BC of the warrantee and garuntee of there bows. Best in the buisness IMO. Good luck in your quest and like I say all of the bows u have listed will be nice and perform top notch man
Posted via Mobile Device

·
SuperToon'd
12,001 Posts
10 different people can shoot the exact same bow and you will get 10 different opinions..................HD

·
<---(.)(.)---<<<
2,319 Posts
I have a 70lb Katera turned down to 64 and a 60lb Marquis maxed and the Katera is alot smoother than the Marquis. I bought the Marquis becuase everyone raved how smooth it was. Not that it pulls hard, just not as smoothe as my Katera.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
I personally think the maxxis bows draw a bit easier than the elites but both bows draw very smooth for the speeds they are getting. If you get a maxxis 35 odds are that you will shoot it better than your elites because of the long riser. The 35's hold very steady on target. Not much vibration after the shot but a little with a small good stabilizer there is no vibration. The CM is by far the best bow i have shot and owned and i have had a few. The bow is just rediculously forgiving for the performance and the draw is silky smooth. Draws a lot like a single cam IMHO. You can't go wrong with any of the new hoyts. I love the semishort valley and the 75% letoff on the new xtr cams.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Elite is where it is at my man. Go shoot a GT500, judge, and z28. You'll be really surprised by a somewhat new comer that makes such a great bow. They have great spped, awesome craftmanship, super durable, great warranty, awesome customer service, super sturdy backwall. Oh and Hyt also makes a great bow. I just sold my Hoyt turbohawk. When you came to full draw if you even let it creep at all it felt like it was gonna take off on you. I cant count how many times i almost let it go on accident because it wanted to take off.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Elite is where it is at my man. Go shoot a GT500, judge, and z28. You'll be really surprised by a somewhat new comer that makes such a great bow. They have great spped, awesome craftmanship, super durable, great warranty, awesome customer service, super sturdy backwall. Oh and Hyt also makes a great bow. I just sold my Hoyt turbohawk. When you came to full draw if you even let it creep at all it felt like it was gonna take off on you. I cant count how many times i almost let it go on accident because it wanted to take off.
The longer bows have more valley than the shorter ones like the maxxis 31, alphamax 32, and the turbohawk. It is very short with the #2 cam but the #3 cam has plenty of valley on the shorter bows and a really nice valley on the longer bows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This may sound odd, but I don't have a hoyt dealer nearby, I know that they are known for their durability and dependability, but what is their draw like compared to a single cam bow (my current bow) or a dual/hybrid cam bow (Strother & Elite). How smooth are they, what are the walls like, how is the transition to the valley? I am mostly talking about the maxxis, the alphamax, and the turbohawk. Also how do they perform after the shot? Much vibration? When I am ready to buy a new bow, It will probably come from AT, because I don't have an archery dealer nearby. I am considering buying a bow from Elite, Strother, or Hoyt. How do they compare compared to these other bow brands? I have shot a few bows from Elite (Judge & GT500) but none from Strother either. I will have to say I am impressed with the way the elites performed.....

P.S. I am pretty much set on these bow brands...So I would rather not like comments about how other brands are better......
I thought that the Hoyt's have a spongy wall. I like the Elites because they have a nice solid wall. In my opinion they both have smooth draws.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I owned a Katera

last year and sold it. I regret selling that bow and will soon have another 50-60# in my possession. I have since owned Bowtech, Mathews, Elite, Athens and will buy another Katera in the future. Great bow and tough as nails.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts