Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just shot a buck today and we tracked him for about 800yds and the blood stopped:( We cannot get back on the trail for anything. Does anyone know of someone in Clermont County that has a dog that can track blood or find a dead deer? I've heard of it working but have never done it and he is about heartbroken over this deer. He has to work all week and with the time change he won't be able to put in any daylight hours in the woods looking for it. Me being the nice guy that i am, I told him I would look for him tomorrow. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,049 Posts
Hello

Just find you a beagle. :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
800yards ?? sounds like a flesh wound or gut shot, unless you spooked it just after shooting it. Even then if it were a lung or heart shot you would have found it.
Did you find the arrow ? What did the blood look like? Did you find any hair where it was first shot. ? Find someone with a house dog that has been fed raw deer meat . most will trail the blood looking for a meal.
Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He hit this buck pretty far back so chances are it was a gut shot I'm going to look for him today. W found hair where he hit the deer but no blood then 20 yds or so from where he shot him we found our first blood, then 800yds later nothing! I let yall know if I find him....

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts