Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used answer release and cant figure out how to make the anti punch work. Any body have any suggestions?

·
archery nut
5,891 Posts
look in the little "window" of the release. you will notice that when you pull the trigger, a small metal piece in that window moves down. you have to adjust a screw by the trigger in order so you can see it in the little window and when you pull the trigger hard, the metal piece hangs up on it

(sounds confusing unless you're looking at the release)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what Im doing but it either gets hung up or doesnt block the shot no matter how hard you punch it. I just punched myself in the mouth Im going to have to put this thing away or Im going to scream!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Turn the adjustment screw (nearest the window) all the way in and then back it out 2 to 2 1/2 turns. This should give you a good starting point for the anti-punch setting. To make it more sensitive turn it in. To make it less sensitive, or to deactivate the anti-punch feature, turn the screw out.

·
archery nut
5,891 Posts
you do have to squeeze the trigger. it took me quite awhile to get one to go off first time i shot it

·
Registered
120 Posts
how do i make my answer work

I would recommend that you use a piece of rope and get used to the action of the answer, might save your jaw until you familiarize yourselft with the anti-punch mechanism. The release requires that you pull the trigger very very! slow, or it will jam up. When jammed up you need to push the trigger back forward to reset it. Before you attempt to trigger it again or it won't fire. If you are still having problems with it, feel free to call 888-302-7768 and i'll see if i can help you out some more ask for Josh Johnson.

Hoggler

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for your guys help. I had to lube it up and then I got it dialed in. I cant believe how much I punch the trigger, I got alot of work ahead of me. Im going to go shoot now, no maybe I will read some mathews vs hoyt stuff and work on the trigger punch tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts