Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have OT2 and TAP as well.

I enter all my data into the software, and it works out sight tapes.

But where do I aim on the tape?

Do I am the 20m pin at 20m and then the 50m pin at 50m as well?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, when I print them they are very small.

What do I change to make them big enough to work?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These arnt what I thought they were.

I thought you could print out marks/lines etc, so you could sight your bow in at say 10 or 20 metres.

But these match up to your sight pins, correct?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Sight tapes are used for adjustable and sliding sights. What kind of sight are you putting the tape on?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
This one scares me

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,557 Posts
>>I enter all my data into the software, and it works out sight tapes.

Well, sort of. You must enter accurate data, then get 2 solid sight marks. Use 20 and 40 yards or meters if you can only group at those distances. Use 30,50 or 30,60 for better results. From two solid marks, the program can calculate a velocity from which the program will create an accurate sight tape. For OT2, make sure you use the correct unit of measure to make the sight tape and get your velocity calculation. Lower left on the screen are 2 toggle buttons. The one that controls unit of measure will display SAE for yards and METRIC for meters. Set the other toggle to SIACCI.

>>I thought you could print out marks/lines etc, so you could sight your bow in at say 10 or 20 metres. But these match up to your sight pins, correct?

Setting pins for a pin sight is similar to creating a sight tape. You still need to sight in at least two distances for pins, then use the pin gap to create a "pin gap template" to set your other pins.

>>Also, when I print them they are very small. What do I change to make them big enough to work?

You don't want to change the size or scale of the tape. If you do, you will change the spacing of the marks which will render the sight tape or pin gap template useless.

>>But where do I aim on the tape? Do I aim the 20m pin at 20m and then the 50m pin at 50m as well?

Once you get solid marks and the program creates a sight tape, you need to attach the sight tape to the flat surface of the sight underneath the distance pointer. Usually, a target sight will have a manufacturer (MFG) scale and pointer on one side of the sight frame and an opposite side with a pointer where your sight tape will go. To attach the tape, you need to set the sight as if you were going to shoot a specific distance..say 30 meters. Do this by positioning the pointer on the MFG scale side to one of your shot in distances used to create the tape..say 30 meters After sliding the sight to the 30 meter position, slip the sight tape under pointer on the side opposite the MFG scale, positioning the tape mark for 30 meters under the pointer. Now, when you slide the pointer up/down, the pointer will point to the distance you want to shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts