Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

crossbows are archery :)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on my back for the past four days cough,hack,:pukey:. I went to the Doctor and he was like sorry ya got the flu and it has to run its course blah blah blah.

I am like MAN is wish this bug was a sprinter, instead of a long distance runner...lol

What are some of your home remidies to feeling better?

Thanks Koz

Registered
Man I wish I had an answer for ya but I don't. Just got over it, took 10 11 days. I took something for the fever, drank some chicken soop and drank a lot of water(tried to flush it out lol) Stay well hydrated and tough it out.

Good Luck

Tooth, Fang, Claw
My doctor said to drink a lot of fluids and get plenty of rest. So I drank a 5th of Jim Beam and passed out.......:darkbeer: I didn't feel any better when I woke up, but I didn't care.........:smile:

Registered
Day 12 for Me and there is relief at the end.. :darkbeer:

went to the doc yesterday and Dont use the cough medicine he gives ya. I was Trippin out all last night....

Damn Codine :angry: He said it will help ya rest... Bull Crap i ran around Fighting Mexican midgets and watching the world spin off its Axis...

Just as tired at work this morning as i have been the last 12 days.... And wouldnt ya know it after spending no telling how Much for him to tell me nothing. I feel better all on my own. :angry:

Registered
i was off work for three days with it this past week and still feel like ive been thrown into a brick wall. plenty of liquids(not jim beam):smile: and lots of rest. im not 100 percent yet but better than i was.

Registered
I am on day 8 myself too. I was going to go shed hunting but I just don't see that happening today.

Registered
yep, nothing that will ease the speed of this thing.

can't say that i was chasing mexican midgets, but that laugh sure did help me feel better momentarily

Registered
If you find out tell me!
I started 21 days ago with a sore throat, that turned out to be strep.:thumbs_do
After a few days of meds the throat felt better, but then the flu hit.:pukey:
Flu wasn't fun but it passed pretty quick (I think about 6 days). Followed by the pinkeye which I am still treating.
Back to the Doc yesterday and guess what, the strep is back!!!!
My wife says it may be time to put me down.:(

My home remedy:
Take a large drinking glass, fill glass 2/3 full with ice, then fill area between ice with Jim Beam, and consume.

It has no healing effect whatsoever, but it sure will make you feel good for a couple of hours, and is a great sleep aid.:darkbeer:

Registered
Ride it out man. That's the only cure. I've been coughing up lung cookies for the last several days and now I'm losing my voice. Try not to let it lead to something else (bronchitis).

My Elk Hunting Home
Well, all three of our kids have had it twice now over the past two months, and the wife had it last week. Thankfully I haven't gotten it, and I even share their spoons and glasses etc. However, I rarely ever get sick.....must have been all that dirt I ate as a kid.;) Gave myself every antibody known to man. So, eat some dirt.:thumbs_up

Registered
There is no cure, only lessen symptons. But this works GREAT for me and maybe you. Get some MUCINEX from drugstore. There are 3 or 4 kinds depending on your symptoms. Well worth the $. Then keep hydrated. Water works best and throw in some juice with anitoxidents (v8 fusion, oj or welchs grape, etc). And even though you may not feel like it, if you can get out of the house for an hour or 2. It helps me "lossen" up conjestion and get fluids and blood moving. If it is too cold where you live, go to the mall or walk around cabelas. Then take a nap. Try it, and good luck. :)

Registered
I am into about day 9 or 10 with this crap, but it is much better, and still with me. Nyquil will knock you out so that you can at least sleep at night.
One home remedy that will not cure you, but help you feel better is ginger root and lemon. Just boil the ginger root (chop it up) and a sliced lemon together in water for about 15 minutes. Strain and drink as hot as you can stand it. You can add a little sugar or honey to improve the taste. It does seem to help with the congestion and give you a warm feeling.
Going to the DR. is a waste of money. Nothing seems to help. You just have to ride it out. I had the same bug a couple of years ago and my Dr. prescribed an antibiotic that I had never heard of. I don't remember the name, but it cost about $20 a pill, and my prescription was for $200 worth! Well, all I can say is that I got robbed without a gun! M&Ms would have done the same thing!
This bug is a very rough ride, but all you can do is cowboy up.

Registered
Diamond V XPC or EpiCor

There is a company in Cedar Rapids Iowa that makes a animal food supplement called Diamond V XPC. After while they noticed that the people working in the plant making the supplement never got sick. While the people in the office matched the national statistics for sick time off. They did some studies and decided to develop this product for humans as well as animals. The human stuff is called EpiCor.
I bought a 50 pound bag of XPC at the feed mill and we have been taking a quarter teaspoonful a day for over a year. And we have not been sick in that time. I also gave some to any one that wanted to try it and none of them have been sick either.

You can read about it here http://www.naturodoc.com/library/cancer/epicor.htm

You can buy EpiCor here http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7938&at=0
Read the testimonials in the product review area.

Registered
Become a Elementary teacher... I'm never sick because my immune system is so build up being around a buch of sick 5th graders all year

Registered
Steriods

The only thing that will work for me is steriods and it will get rid of the flu or sinus infection within three days. go to the docs. and ask to get injected with steroids and trust me it works and get rid of the flu within three days. no b/s.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.