Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and your ritual for trying to get to the stand. I try very hard but jeez its not easy. since my stand got stolen im carrying the climber in about 1 mile. I try to walk slow, i have been using the primos silver spray but the bottle doesnt last long.

tips?

· Registered
11,635 Posts
I keep mine in a Scent Loc tote, get dressed and spray down at the truck, then walk in. BUT, I usually only have about a 1/2 mile walk, and my stands are already up. I bet you work up quite a sweat walking a mile carrying all your gear, AND hanging the stand before you hunt. All I can suggest is carrying your clothes in a bag, then stuffing the bag in a pack and hanging it up next to you while you hunt.
I hope it pays off for you!

Lien2

· Registered
620 Posts
I hunt alot with a climber. I try to ware as few of my clothes in and i will carry my clothes in my bag. My jacket and bibs hang over the strap that holds the bottom and top of my climber together. works great.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
Sorry to hear about your stand. We have had some stolen before too.
I store mine in an H.S. Travel Bag. I have one for my regular clothes and one for my Scent-Lok. And no Scent Wafers in either bag.
My routine could take awhile to tell you so here it is very basic. Shower, stoarge bags, dress in field, spray down with H.S. Scent Away, regular formula. It seems like I never have enough of that stuff either. Heck I can go through that stuff in a weekend almost and for sure 2 weekends in early season. I would suggest dress in layers and carry anything you can, just wear a T-shirt to the tree if you have to. And walk slow and spray down on the way if and when needed. Also stop often if you feel you are about to get warm and sweat. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the area you want to hunt. If you have to leave the house 30 minutes earlier then do so. Just make sure to stay slow and cool.
And good luck.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
I store my Scent Lok clothes and all clothes I will have on in a H.S. Deluxe Travel bag. I get dressed at my tailgate before I got hunting and after the hunt. The bag then goes into a tote that is latched.

I try to be as scent free as possible and try everything I can do to prevent any foreign odors from getting onto or into my gear!

· Registered
759 Posts
I keep my hunting gear in a spacebag from walmart that you can squeeze the air out of. i got a couple leaves in the bag with them. i dress in the field and like the others say wlak slowly and in minimal clothing to your stand area, take a short break before you climb up the tree to give your body a chance to cool down. I use my climber exclusively so i feel your pain.

Scott

· Registered
4,102 Posts
clothes

I do the same as many have stated. My carbon clothes are washed weekly w/ scent killer soap. They go into the drier and when the come out they go into a Tink's carbon bag, and that bag goes into a rubber made tote...no scent waffers, leaves, pine branches, or dirt. Seal that up and don't open till I am in the field. Get dressed at the truck, spray down w/ a scent free scent killer, and tip-toe to the stand. I might go over board.

I've heard a lot of people say to use baking soda in your storage containers. Never tried it, but I would think that it would help.

A buddy of mine smokes in the stand, the truck, and always puts bucks on the ground every year...big bucks too. Think he has like 16 deer over 130"...and he is my age 26...got a lot of years of hunting to go too. I can smell his gear if I am down wind from him. About like being in bar. Pretty sure he sold his soul to the devil though. I don't know how else he does it.

· Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx

thanks to all,

some people are very lucky or very good BiggA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.