Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Just beat Terry Club
Joined
·
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we're nearing the end of 3D season and getting ready for hunting season and I need some advice.

After a year of shooting in hot weather in which I was sweating A LOT, my release has gotten to STINKING:faint: .
Last year I sprayed it down heavily with Scent Killer on multiple occasions and that seemd to work pretty good (at least to my nose).

Any tricks out there?????????
 

·
Ya hey
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
good question

I hadn't thought of doing anything before, but I was noticing the same thing after a long, hot summer of shooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,685 Posts
Bo Bob said:
Well we're nearing the end of 3D season and getting ready for hunting season and I need some advice.

After a year of shooting in hot weather in which I was sweating A LOT, my release has gotten to STINKING:faint: .
Last year I sprayed it down heavily with Scent Killer on multiple occasions and that seemd to work pretty good (at least to my nose).

Any tricks out there?????????
throw it in a bag of baking soda. or keep up with the scent killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
White Lightning or Carbon Blast, the place in scent free bag with pack..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
Buy 2 of them, I have one for hunting and one for practice. You can also go with the "Hunt with the wind in your face" deal, works everytime. Unless the deer walks up behind you:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Well, mine smells like a goats butt so I just leave it alone since the deer are used to a goat smell at my place.:eek:

Not really, I soak mine in scent away but it still smells some. I am thinking of buying another just for hunting. I think that is the best remedy.



Mark
 

·
Just beat Terry Club
Joined
·
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I doubt I'll get the new release through my budget, but that would be a good idea.
Wind in my face huh! Never thought of that!:wink:
 

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
Joined
·
13,382 Posts
I use a Carter - naturally scent free
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
fn257 said:
Well, mine smells like a goats butt so I just leave it alone since the deer are used to a goat smell at my place.:eek:

Not really, I soak mine in scent away but it still smells some. I am thinking of buying another just for hunting. I think that is the best remedy.



Mark

lol....don't want to know how that comparison was made...


how bout buy another one just for hunting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
All of these recommendations will work. Just remember, you'll also need to "de-smell" your trigger finger too. :darkbeer:

3L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Meleagris1 said:
I use a hand held, all aluminum. The only thing it ever smells like is death . . . :wink: .
Actually, death can smell pretty bad, we had this cow on our farm and after about three weeks.....:pukey: :killpain:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
de-smelling the releaser? isn't it going to far?
your breath will smell far, far more that the relseaser can ever fo, and we still have to breath, or wear a mask with carbonfilter, the Darth Wader hunter:killpain:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
3L_Archer said:
All of these recommendations will work. Just remember, you'll also need to "de-smell" your trigger finger too. :darkbeer:

3L
Is it wrong I keep mind in my butt hole while in the stand? I want to keep it warm and ready. What else is there to do in the stand:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
Where aplicable (ie Scott releases) just replace the strap section. That's what I do on my Scott Rhino.......use the *****y one for practice, and then with one screw change out to the hunting only strap.

I think they cost about $16 or so for a Scott replacement with the body attached?

Much cheaper than a 2nd release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Nito, everyone is mostly referring to the band or strap that holds sweat and dirt not the actual release.

CW, I did an actual side by side smell comparison!! You can't imagine how hard it is to get a goat to stand still while attempting to raise its tail and take a whiff!!!:eek2: :eek3: :dance:



Mark
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top