Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year is my first year hunting turkeys with a bow. In the past I always have cut the brass off the shotgun shell I used to kill the turkey to display the beard. What do you guys do to display the beard of your archery killed birds?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I have a nice wood plaque that displays the fan and you can hang six beards from it. If you want I can take a pic of it..?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be great I'd really like to see a picture of your plaque.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I did it like you a long time ago....now i just store them in cigar box's.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I have only taken birds with a shotgun...I take the shells that I shoot birds with and fill them 1/2 way up with Gorilla glue or epoxy and stick the beard in that...then mount the shell on a wooden trophy base with a little placque with the date and a memorable line from that hunt...like who was with me or something funny that happened. I am making one now for my buddy who called in a bird for me last year.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I have a huge necklace with all of my beards tied onto it. I wear it every where. Work, Church, family holidays.......................... :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You professional turkey hunters with multi, multi, multi beards are embarrasing me. I feel like borrowing a couple to fill my plaque up!:D
Here ya go SWIABOONER....(just re-read the thread title and want to clarify that these are NOT archery kills, sorry)

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like Dmaxs idea!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can't take credit for coming up with this idea. Someone else on this forum, I believe, posted it a couple of years ago. At any rate, I just cut some old shafts to a desired length, fletch 'em, put a loop of leather shoe string up through it, thread the dried & cleaned spurs on the leather, pull the leather tight alongside the beard and hot glue. Then I trim the excess leather. It's really easy to do.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I don't have any and if I did I would not display them.

They look a little " Voo-Doo " to me.

That's V-O-O - D-O-O , anybody, anybody, Buehler, Buehler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts