Archery Talk Forum banner

How do you display your archery kill beards?

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  pizzle 
#1 ·
This year is my first year hunting turkeys with a bow. In the past I always have cut the brass off the shotgun shell I used to kill the turkey to display the beard. What do you guys do to display the beard of your archery killed birds?

#3 ·
that would be great I'd really like to see a picture of your plaque.

#5 ·
I have only taken birds with a shotgun...I take the shells that I shoot birds with and fill them 1/2 way up with Gorilla glue or epoxy and stick the beard in that...then mount the shell on a wooden trophy base with a little placque with the date and a memorable line from that hunt...like who was with me or something funny that happened. I am making one now for my buddy who called in a bird for me last year.

#9 ·
Very Nice. That's what I need did you make that yourself? If not where did you purchase it?

#17 ·
I can't take credit for coming up with this idea. Someone else on this forum, I believe, posted it a couple of years ago. At any rate, I just cut some old shafts to a desired length, fletch 'em, put a loop of leather shoe string up through it, thread the dried & cleaned spurs on the leather, pull the leather tight alongside the beard and hot glue. Then I trim the excess leather. It's really easy to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.