Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of moving to St Louis, Chesterfield, Creve Coeur area. I saw a past thread on here that Maryland Heights at least was trying to ban "firearms" including bows a few years ago, which would have shut down a public archery range there.

Is this info in the zoning/planning doc's for a certain city? Do they change by zip code or how does it work?

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Chesterfield just banned shooting guns within 150 yards of a residence. I do not know the implication this has for bow but I would definitely call the city and see if that included bows. The Chesterfield area has some spots you can hunt though. I cannot be of much help with Creve Coeur but I would guess you would at least get some grief about shooting your bow there and I really doubt that hunting is allowed.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I would definately call the city and find out. Each city should have thier own ordinances.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
You could call the city office and find out, or be like my buddy and just shoot in his yard until somebody calls the cops....

·
Registered
196 Posts
I work in Chesterfield. You probably will not get away with shooting in your yard, because it is mostly burbs, unless you get cool neighbors or a large enough yard where nobody can see you. A large yard in that area will be pricy. There is a pro shop about 25 minutes from there with indoor/outdoor range.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yes, each township will have their own hunting ordinances. Some of the townships that do allow bowhunting require you to have permission to hunt on a minimum size acreage and carry at least a 1 million dollar insurance policy. As also mentioned, buying your own acreage is going to be very pricey in either Chesterfield or Creve Coeur.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
What exactly are you coming to the St. Louis area to do? I would not choose either of those locations as my first choice to live. Maybe we could make some suggestions for you.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Local PD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts