Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Not Sure?

:( luckynhappy, not sure but just don't use Fletch Glue:( I don't have problems with the fiber moving but the little silver screw on the front of the sight will move once in a while! I just check it or notice if I start shooting to the right. Dont use Glue:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pin tips?

When you say your pin tips are moving, are you talking about the fiber sliding in and out of each individual pin or the whole pin is moving?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fiber optics slide out .. not bad but like a eight of a inch. i slide em bac in but its jus a pain..

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Silicone

Push the pins in place and put a spot of silicone on the main housing, let set and no more problems. WR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the same problem

I had the same problem. The silicone should work just fine and much easier compared to what I did.

I pushed on the back of the fiber so it was laying flush on the back of the pin, then ever so gently applied some heat to the tip of the fiber sticking out. What is sticking out will melt back to the slide hole on the pin, once it gets there stop the heat immediately. It will leave a little mushroom top on the end of the fiber and lock it into place. It does make the fiber appear a little larger than the original .19 or .29 size, but I like it that way. That really locks in the fiber on the back of the pin so it won't move or get caught on anything.

The bad news is if you let it melt too far down you'll have to replace the fiber optic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts