Archery Talk Forum banner

How do you guys buy arrows

1235 22
arrows are expensive so do you buy them by the dozen or half dozen.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,046 Posts
a lot of shops won't break up a dozen. my shop will so it just depends on how many i trased the year before between 3d and hunting.

· Registered
308 Posts
2 or 3 every 2 weeks with each pay check.
Sometimes a half dozen if I sell a gun or bow and have some extra money.

· Registered
34,432 Posts
By the Doz.....guys that buy them by the half doz and that think they are steep in price usually aren't buying expensive arrows. A shop doesn't break up the arrows that really fall into the "expensive" category.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
usually by the half dozen.. I just have the shop cut them, and then I take them home to put them together..

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Always by the dozen. I get bare shafts w/componets and build them myself at home. I then stock up on componets, about every other month, whether i need them or not. I now have a work shop full of componets to build a wide variety of arrows. I'am very fortunate that i get a shooters discount on shafts, etc, etc. Just try to accumulate all that you need to build your own arrows and buy bare shafts and you'll save alot of money. :wink: I hope this helps. :thumb:

· Registered
615 Posts
Last time was 3 dozen 'inferior' aluminum shafts @ $29/doz -- they were on closeout. Not complete arrows but I thought it was a great deal cause 2317s are perfect for me.

Good carbon arrows are probably quite a bit more. And my understanding is that carbon is sorted within tolerance / and grouped by the dozen. So like others said it would probably be better to buy a dozen.

That said, I have 1/2 dozen ACC 3-71 complete arrows with custom dipping and cresting that I will be selling. Two of them have been shot (but like new) -- the other 4 have not. They're cut to 30 inches with inserts installed. I'll need to list them in the classifieds but thought I would mention here too.

· Registered
352 Posts
I just bought half dozen CX maxima hunter 250's, raw shafts and uncut for 49 dollars off of ebay. Did this twice to get a dozen. Just need to cut and fletch. Still a little cheaper than the big stores.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
I usually buy my hunting arrows by the half, but my comp arrows by the dozen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.