Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am going home this weekend and finally going to paper tune the Z7. I understand the paper tuning process, but what I am trying to figure out is how to set up my paper/target in order to actually do it. How do you guys set up your targets and such to paper tune? I have some crazy ideas but I'm hoping some of you old farts can share some secrets with a youngster.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
You just have to rig some way of getting the paper and target 5 feet off the ground. I have an unfinished basement that has exposed studs, so they work great to tape the paper to. I stack storage tubs up to sit the target on.

I'm convinced that paper tuning is, largely, a waste of time since I've discovered walk back tuning. Never even heard of it until I joined AT, but now I only use paper tuning to confirm I have my fletching rotated to the right spot. A little red lipstick on your fletching would work to do that, too. Normally, if you get the rest set so that you are getting a bullethole, you will still have to move the rest when you walk back tune. Kind of defeats the whole process.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good point, I may not even bother with it. Or I might just for kicks and giggles. I have a tin shed with rafters I could hang my paper from and I can set the target on something. I just don't want to buy new tin if I miss the target for some reason..

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt guys. I still need some help. Trying to figure out a way to rig up a frame/target to tune

·
Registered
165 Posts
Built mine out of small diameter pvc. a few t's and a few 90 degree elbows and you got a frame to hang your paper.

·
Registered
361 Posts
tunning mine today.....put target on a chair (with another target under it), taped paper across a door way (sliding door)and shot....

p.s did it when the wife was not home

·
In Urban We Trust
2,428 Posts
Built mine out of small diameter pvc. a few t's and a few 90 degree elbows and you got a frame to hang your paper.
Same here. Like a post said earlier, since I found out about walk back tuning, I don't mess with paper tuning anymore.

·
I made the switch!
4,703 Posts
I use a ladder in my basement. I have also used a box and cut a square out of the bottom and taped my paper to it. The ladder has different setting for the shooters height adjustment:ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts