Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My canon GL2 and my Bogen head say to use them above 32 degrees. I was gonna put a wool hat with a hand warmer in it over them until I a deer comes in. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
I shot with my GL2 last in in -10 degree weather for over 1 hour during a snomobile race. I really anjoy using my GL2 and think it works great in cold weather. If you want to keep it warm, just build a cover for it, but you can not take it out when a deer comes in. You can risk foggin the lens and you might miss the video. I would hate to take the chance. I have shot many hours with my GL2 under 30 degrees without problems. The thing you need to watch for in tht tyoe tapes you use. Only use dry lube taps and this will help the freezing up during filming issue.

Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
858 Posts
30 degrees shouldn't be a problem. I've filmed in 10 degrees with windchill below 0. We put handwarmers on them and have them covered with fleece material.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What i did last year in that state up north was i used an old shop rag. cut it to size so that the 2 warmers, one draped over each side fit like a pack mule saddle .......it worked great and with a little thread and 10 minutes i was ready for the next hunt....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you go on ebay you can buy a camo cover for your camera and in the cover there is pockets to put the hand warmers. You can leaver these on while hunting. They are the way to go. Make sure you keep your battery warm, when it gets cold your time is cut in at least half.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I agree with Leearl, I've never had problems with my GL2 in cold weather, but you have to watch taking your camera from one temperature extreme to another, They will fog up on you in a hurry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts