Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a article I was reading a tip to quiet your bows actual draw is to lub the axles. I try to do as much on my bow as I possibly can. Just one of those guys. I have a small noise once every couple shots . I know for a fact I have no cracked limbs etc.. its no biggy I just want my bow as quiet as possible before during and after the shot ya know ? I dont know if you need a bow press to do this or what to use or how to do it so please give me some instructions. thanks guys

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
I use white grease and need a bowpress to remove the axle to grease it. I have an extra axle I push in to push the other one out. That way it's easier to put in the greased axle. If your cams have ball bearings in them then you don't need to grease the axle. Just a tiny drop of machine oil on the bearing should be fine. I use some oil from my r/c cars for their bearings.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i know if my cams have ball bearings or not ? i have a highcountry supreme extreme and it has the xd cams

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hoyt reccomends white lithium grease. It's easier to do a good job of it with a bowpress. I use a little Pedro's SYN grease for touchups, Remington gun oil seems to work as well.

Don't use WD-40 - it attracts dirt...

-CG

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
With my conventional bushings, I like to use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with dry graphite powder lubricant mixed in. I put the jar in a sauce pan with water up to within 1/2" of the top, then heat it till the jelly is liquid. I then mix in the graphite. A single jar lasts for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts