Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you push yourself to improve your scores (indoor spots in this case), when you are one of the top shooters in the state, and all of your competion lives 400 miles away? Right now I am stuck with an average of around 298-18x's (Vegas Round). I can shoot 300's, but not consistantly.

How can I push my scores to the national level, when I cannot train with any of the national level archers? Has anyone had to deal with this on their way way toward being a serious national level competitor? I know that there are several pro shooters on here, and I guess this question would be directed toward them.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
shooter

I used to live in North Pole on Schootzon Dr. I think that the way its spelled?
Its across from Santa's house. I was in the Air Force back in 1990.
How much do you enjoy shooting?
If you love to shoot indoor, on the day's you miss a 300 pack up your equipment and go home and ask the wife if she has anything to do around the house. Soon this will make you shoot a 300:)
I tried this and it works:wink:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
ow do you push yourself to improve your scores (indoor spots in this case), when you are one of the top shooters in the state, and all of your competion lives 400 miles away?
YOU are your competition. You have to beat your own mind before you can even think about beating anyone else. Ask yourself how bad you want to win. Start taking scores from a particular shoot and go out and try to beat the winner.

·
Registered
727 Posts
jim is right, always try and do 1 x better than before.stay in compition with yourself.as for going out and shooting a national tournament and winning,that my friend just comes with time. the pressure is unreal!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts