Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not shoot a crossbow, I have never shot a crossbow and I do not plan on shooting a crossbow. Am I against crossbows? No I could care less. I shoot a compuond because that is what I like.

My question is, is a crossbow to a compound not the same as a compound is to a tarditional bow?

·
Registered
9,490 Posts

I have no problems with crossbows. I think whatever legally gets more hunters into the woods or the sport of archery is good. We need more new hunters, that's for sure.

What about inline muzzleloaders vs. flintlock muzzleloaders? Very similar scenario.

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Shot one one time last season at my shop. Honestly it scared the sh&$ outa me lol. Absolutely hated the thing. Heavy l

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about inline muzzleloaders vs. flintlock muzzleloaders? Very similar scenario.
.[/QUOTE]

Yea true, my friend hunts with a longbow and a hawken!

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
It was heavy, loud, and full of vibe. Not against them myself they are just not for me. We are all hunters at the end of the day and should treat each other as such and with respect. Just because you use a gun or bow or whatever doesnt make the deer any more dead does it!?

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Haha i just felt like it was goin to go off while i wasnt ready!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Personally wouldn't use one unless I was physically unable to pull my bow back, but have absolutely nothing against them. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Never shot a xbow in my life. Would like to shoot one but there is no way that I will fork out 500 to 1200 for one.

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Lol dont ask me why i felt that way but i did! Like i said not against any legal weapon but those things arent for me.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
i killed a deer with a crossbow in Ohio in 1986. i was going to be stationed in Italy for 2 years in the Army and it was my last chance to hunt deer during bow season for 2 years. i hadn't been able to practice with my compound so a buddy let me borrow his crossbow. it only took me about 2 hours to get used to shooting it. 2 days later i shot a nice big doe with it. i was pretty happy to get a deer and my dad was sure proud of me.

i probably wont ever use a crossbow again because i love my compounds and recurve. to me it just doesn't matter what a hunter chooses to use to shoot deer with as long as its legal for that state and season. here in Iowa only disabled hunters can use them during bow season. i really don't see what the big deal is with allowing them in bow season.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Shot a couple just for fun. Never owned or hunted with one. Just not my thing.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
First of all hello everyone this is my first post. I just started hunting 3 years ago and bought a crossbow cheap off a guy I know. I shoot a excalibur equinox. After using it for 3 years now and shooting 2 does with it it just seems like cheating. Like me for example I think crossbows are good for either newcomers looking to enter the sport or physically disabled. Is a crossbow truly archery hunting I think that's for the archer to decide. They have their advantages and disadvantages and I would never knock someone for using one.

·
74,535 Posts
What I think about crossbows.

Ill put it this way. Glad we live in a country where we got choices.

If it legal I have no issues with it.

DB

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
....................:nono:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have no intention of ever shelling out the cash for one, nor is it a goal of mine to kill with one, however, if I had one and it was legal here, it would definately take a trip or two to the treestand.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts