Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love shooting my scope for 3d, but I think it may be costing me the long run. It seems that I always 5 at least one target simply because I cant see it. It usually happens when I am standing in the sun and shooting into a dim area. I get so much glare I cant make out the target, much less the 12. How do you combat this? Do sunshades help much?

·
Registered
780 Posts
i have the same problem, a sun shade helps alot but your still gonna have to have someone shade your scope or peep now and then. not much else you can do.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Carry an umbrella....someone will hold it for ya :smile:

·
74,535 Posts
We carry unbrellas

It works evertime

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
We use umbrellas. If that doesnt work, try closing your eyes........LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
watch the angle of the scope, once my scope was tilted little to far up and all I saw for alot of my shots was the items behind me. If you are looking the rest side of the bow turn your scope in a clockwise rotation and this might help eliminate the glare. Good luck, if this is unclear PM me and I will explain it better.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks folks. Think Ill try to engineer me a shade till I can get one. If I start carrying an umbrella, Ill get razzed too much, the guys are already calling me batman cause of my super 3-d utility belt.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Douger said:
Make sure you wear a dark colored shirt and hat also. I found a white shirt = tons of glare.
Now that is new for me but makes a hole lot of sence, thanks, also using a hooded pip works great

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Sure can see better with both eyes open but there is more glare. LOL. Kinda like being married. it just aint perfect.

·
redman
8,114 Posts
scope glare

check scope angle and some time glare comes from the sight bar or parts or the bow is the scope bar silver silver seems to glare more then black

·
Registered
10 Posts
A hat does more than shade your head

Have you tried a hat? If you are shooting with 2 or more people, they can shade both your scope and your peep, just make sure they are on the safe side of your bow. This means on the sight side of your bow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dark Hole Shots

If your talking about shooting a dark target from a sunny field it's tough, but it's even tougher when you shoot with a lens. I think the best answer is to get a scope that has a removable lens. HTM and Sure-loc both make scopes that allow the lens to be removed quickly and easily. You won't be able to shoot a center drilled lens, but you can't have everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts