Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am using one from the local bow shop which is cardboard with 2 layers and you put each arrow in its own individual hole but it gets old lining up the top and bottom hole lol looking at doing multiple 2.5" PVC tubes and putting like arrows together

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
One cardboard box with (10) 2"ish holes. Each hole holds one to two dozen arrows. Then one set sits in hip quiver hanging up.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
I have the same one and agree it's a pain with the foam. Easton makes a tube with no foam that I keep in my softcase and it holds my 6 practice arrows. When I don't shoot or to store my other arrows I use PVC from the local Lowe's. Cheaper and very heavy duty and I know if the tube drops everything inside is safe

·
Registered
24,583 Posts
I store my hunting arrows in the off-season in a couple of the MTM molded plastic arrow cases with the foam pre-cut slots. It works well for protecting the Blazers from getting deformed by lying against each other and organizes them out of the way.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I store my hunting arrows in the off-season in a couple of the MTM molded plastic arrow cases with the foam pre-cut slots. It works well for protecting the Blazers from getting deformed by lying against each other and organizes them out of the way.
This

·
Registered
714 Posts
IMG_0772.JPG

Home made PVC bow and arrow holder.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just keep 5 of my arrows that I use every time I shoot in the quiver. My other arrows I just leave a field tip on and put them in the quiver pocket of my soft bow case.
Is there a reason for the special treatment of arrows? I've never noticed a difference in any arrow no matter how stored. I mean when you buy arrows from a bow shop they are either just slid into a slot in a cardboard box or packaged in a multi pack with foam.
Now I only buy the cheaper carbon express arrows because I use them for hunting and it doesn't hurt my feelings if I lose or break one but even the most expensive arrows I've seen at my local bow shop are packaged the same as the cheapest ones.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,174 Posts
i leave mine on the stands .....that way they're right where i use them.....:confused:

·
Registered
51,500 Posts
Either in a quiver, bow mounted or hip. Extra arrows are always in a case, mainly use MTM cases or .dockcel. good case isn't expensive.

·
Registered
51,500 Posts
I just keep 5 of my arrows that I use every time I shoot in the quiver. My other arrows I just leave a field tip on and put them in the quiver pocket of my soft bow case.
Is there a reason for the special treatment of arrows? I've never noticed a difference in any arrow no matter how stored. I mean when you buy arrows from a bow shop they are either just slid into a slot in a cardboard box or packaged in a multi pack with foam.
Now I only buy the cheaper carbon express arrows because I use them for hunting and it doesn't hurt my feelings if I lose or break one but even the most expensive arrows I've seen at my local bow shop are packaged the same as the cheapest ones.
Yes there is a reason for proper extended storage. It keeps the fletching from being monkeyed up and then need replaceing. Short periods of storage in your soft case is okay.

·
Back Yard Champion
30,470 Posts
I use a arrow display box. Each hole holds 6 arrows nicely and no trouble just throwing arrows in. Kept in the dark, no harm will come to the arrows.
I have a arrow case with foam dividers and it's a pain in the azzz because of the clips that keep it closed. Threatened a dozen time to bust them off and put a plain old hook in place of them.
Basically, just keeping the arrows from laying on the fletchings is all you need.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
The arrows I am using go into arrow cases which are in the side pocket of the relevant bows case (each one of my bows has it's own dedicated set of arrows).
These cases have foam or clips inside which holds each arrow individually.
I don't like the tubes where the arrows are rattling around with each other when transporting, too much chance of damaging fletching.
The spares and the ones I am working on are stored in a holder I made from 2 1/2'' rainwater down pipe and timber.
Works really well.

Kev

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts