Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how to store my arrows, a friend suggested laying them down on a table or workbench with the fletchings hanging over as to not touch anything. I was also told the Xbow bolts are alright stored upright. Not sure if it makes a difference, but being new to the sport, I thought I would ask.
thanks.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
in my case, next to my bow. what are you afraid is going to happen?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i keep my target arrows in my hip quiver and it hangs on the wall,,,my new un-used arrows are in a protective (hard plastic arrow case) which is kept under my bed.....just keep them in a safe place and keep fletches from bending and they will be fine.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks guy for all the info, I was told by someone that the arrows might compress if stood vertically. I believed it cuz I am new to the sport. That is why I joined AT to learn all I could for people who know what they are doing.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i have a hard arrow case i keep my extra ones in and keep some in my bow case as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seems to be the answer I am getting from everyone pretty much. I am thinking about making a display to hang on the wall for my arrows. I will take some pictures when it is done, I have some interesting ideas.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I cant imagine any storage position that is bad for the shaft unless your talking wood.. ITs the feather or vanes taking a curled set that we all worry about.. Store them over the table or in a quiver hanging or in a box but never in a clump in the pouch on your bow case. curled vanes are a no no.

·
Registered
38 Posts
if its an alu shaft(carbon should be the same) you can lay it where you want(only the feathers can be damaged).
the shaft only bend in the elastic region(you cant see it, because its to less to be seen)
-> if you use it again it will be as straight as before

only if the force is to high it can be permanantly bend(but thats need "a lot" of power ;-) )

by the way
your friend is right if the shaft stands vertically, it will be compressed but its elastical, too. -> It doesnt matter.

if you are interessed in this topic

here you can find almost everything about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress–strain_curve

In the first diagramm on the right you can see the elastical deformation its the line that starts in the point where the x axes meets the y axes (maybe its called: origin or source i dont know)
and goes straight up. everything in this area is elastical. everything above/right from it is plastical

gruß

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I was wondering how to store my arrows, a friend suggested laying them down on a table or workbench with the fletchings hanging over as to not touch anything. I was also told the Xbow bolts are alright stored upright. Not sure if it makes a difference, but being new to the sport, I thought I would ask.
thanks.
When not in my quiver or bow case, most of the time in quiver. I store them like your friend does, with the fletchings hanging over the edge of a table or standing up, I try to keep my fletchings from touching each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts