Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Keep'n Archery Real
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to do this. I want to take a nice thermal mug out there and sip on some delicious coffee while in the stand. But I don't know where to put the dang thing! Do they make anything that attaches to a mug, keeps it upright and anchors to a tree or tree limb?

Yes, I'm a coffee addict. I already know. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great topic! Coffee is my thing

I use Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Colombia Coffee (that's heaven right there) and pour it into a military stainless canteen.

Then, I hung the pouch with a nail, on the tree. I'll try to find a picture later.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Usually in my stomach......I pound about 3 cups during breakfast and the drive, but don't bring any to the stand....too much of a mess.

·
Silent Death
2,895 Posts
I take a Stanley Thermos full every hunt, I use a cup holder sold with the hunting gear at Rural King or any other outdoor store. I put two of them at every stand, one for my drink and the other for things I want to keep handy like my rangefinder. I've tried to use single cups but always end up spilling them, the thermos makes sure every cup is fresh and hot!

I did take the noisy handle off the thermos and made one out of paracord.

·
Banned
15,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I never take it to a treestand. Ground blind only for me. Even then, I try not to smell like anything, and coffee has such an odor, I usually just don't bother

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,249 Posts
I love coffee too, but not in the stand....it makes me need to pee too often. Water only while I'm hunting.

·
Banned
4,654 Posts
I've taken a Stanley Thermos out with me, the size I use, would equal two decent sized cup full's. I only bring the thermos ( no cup ) and slip that into my pocket on the insulated camo bib's I wear.
I simply take a few sips at a time when I feel the need, putting the lid back on ASAP to one, keep the coffee hot, and two to minimize the coffee odor. Mostly have done this during gun season, but have also done so in a ground blind late season bow.
One thing I also did was paint the chrome bottom camo green. Wanted to minimize any chance of flash or sun reflection off the chrome bottom as I took a drink.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I take coffee to the stand in my bladder.....once I leave my truck, I'm done with it till I piss it out....

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
I securely pack it in my bladder, then drain as time dictates banana.gif

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
I found this killer final approach thermos at the bushnell store here in kc a few weeks ago that has a small strap. i put a caribeaner on the strap and hang it from a bow hook. works like a charm.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I started doing this, using a bullet thermos from Cabelas. It doesn't leak at all so I just throw it in my pack. The pack has a built in cup holder and the thermos fits there perfectly. Hang my pack from a hook so my coffee is only inches away. I realize there is a strong odor, so I try to minimize this by only pouring small cups. It makes those early morning sits much more enjoyable!

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
i take hot tomato soup in my fanny pack and it is a problem.
like you,nowhere to sit it down.
i just pour out a little ....pack-thermos-lid- hold- unscrew-screw-need three hands-hurry up.
though about a small tray ,at one time,because i like crackers with my soup too!

I've never been caught yet.....YET....but someday i will!

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
I used to just drink coffee before the hunt but for some reason....two or three hours in....I find myself climbing out of the stand or haning over the edge just to realize I forgot TP.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
[URL="[/URL]

Two pieces of paracord. Hangs on my EZ-Hanger bow hook. The thermos is usually in my backpack that hangs right below this from the top step of the ladder. When I'm standing I can take a sip without ever removing it from the hook... If I were sitting with the mug and a deer came in, I can hang it right back up with the same motion that I'm using to grab my bow anyway... works pretty good.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
yes^^^^^^^ good thinking there,my friend!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I had a thermos holder fastened to my climbing stand for a while. Sipping coffee in stand is pretty nice way to watch the sun rise. I ended up blowing opportunities at a few deer trying to figure out what to do with a hot cup of coffee while a deer was coming in, so I stopped doing it. That bungee idea is pretty good though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts