Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a little more out of my AM35. What are some of the tips that you guys use that you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Looking to get a little more out of my AM35. What are some of the tips that you guys use that you don't mind sharing?
Weight on the string placed in the right spot can be huge!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed nocks, buttons. OK, about 2 1/2 inches from the cam right? Bottom only or both?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Both cams. I have two nocks with a bowjax string silencer inbetween them about 3.5" from where the string touches the cams. Less string oscillation and more speed both, hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Both cams. I have two nocks with a bowjax string silencer inbetween them about 3.5" from where the string touches the cams. Less string oscillation and more speed both, hard to beat.
Got pics?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
+2 :wink:

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
i did a few 1.5 from cam you need to spend time with chronograph to find peak speed for placement of buttons to find the sweet spot

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Pics aren't going to help....neither will measurments from others setups....you need to spend time in front of a chrono to find your bows sweet spot :)

Proper cam rotation is the by FAR the MOST important thing to get the most from any Hoyt....the speed nocks or TRU Ball Speed Balls (what I prefer) give extra...but you can get more then they give you by working on the rotation first...

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, now you have brought cam rotation into the mix. What exactly do you mean?

I have the cams timed perfectly. They both hit the string at the same time.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
OK, now you have brought cam rotation into the mix. What exactly do you mean?

I have the cams timed perfectly. They both hit the string at the same time.
you should be good as far as timing/rotation is concerned, i have found with some hoyt, they like the top cam advanced a hair but then again depends on the setup

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on guys. There has to be more than putting a few speed nocks on your strings.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
last time:cry:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
im a lil curious myself with my am32...who does what and how do you do it...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
last time:cry:
Play with your ATA and wheel rotation and see what you can squeeze out. There are many different ways to acheive the same draw length(strings, cables) and poundage. Also expieriment with position of the weight on the string.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
If it's for target, shoot a 4 grains per pound arrow. It's a Hoyt, it can handle it.

If it's for hunting, don't worry about it. Speed doesn't kill- An arrow piercing the lungs does.

·
Registered
915 Posts
1) switch limbs with PSE ones ( OMEN )
2) replace cams with XLR8 ones
3) keep the riser , it's not that bad
4) lower the BH to 5"
5) apply previously posted tips
6) post pics and results ...............:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts